wxEVT_TREELIST_ITEM_CHECKED of wxTreeListCtrl does not seem to work on OSX

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
jvenema
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxEVT_TREELIST_ITEM_CHECKED of wxTreeListCtrl does not seem to work on OSX

Post by jvenema »

I'm trying to use a tree control with checkboxes in my application and thus used the wxTreeListCtrl for that. However fails to process the event: wxEVT_TREELIST_ITEM_CHECKED. The program never gets to this point on the OSX platform. Other events like: wxEVT_TREELIST_ITEM_EXPANDING, wxEVT_TREELIST_ITEM_ACTIVATED etc do come through, but wxEVT_TREELIST_ITEM_CHECKED not.
I tried both event tables and the Bind, all the same result. I tries wxWidgets version3.1 and the latest version via GitHub all the same result.
I tried the treelist example in the sample directory and here also the checkboxes do not work. It is not possible to alter the checkbox by clicking on it.
On the windows and Linux platform it does work as expected.
Am I missing something, or is this a bug? When searching on wxEVT_TREELIST_ITEM_CHECKED or wxTreeListCtrl, I do not find any issue on them related to the issue I'm having.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: wxEVT_TREELIST_ITEM_CHECKED of wxTreeListCtrl does not seem to work on OSX

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
What is your OSX version?
What is your wxWidgets version?
How did you configure the library?
Did you have any errors/warnings during the build?
Can you successfully build and run treelist sample provided with the library? Does an event fires there?

Thank you.
jvenema
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: wxEVT_TREELIST_ITEM_CHECKED of wxTreeListCtrl does not seem to work on OSX

Post by jvenema »

See above, issue is there with version 3.1 of wxWidgets and with the latest version I cloned today of Github. As stated the treelist sample has the same issue. OSX version is 10.12.5
wxWidgets build with:
../configure --disable-shared --with-macosx-version-min=10.9 --enable-mediactrl=no --enable-monolithic --with-expat=builtin

I'm going for making an own "something" out of the wxTreeCtrl, that will have checkboxes. I will add the checkboxes as state images to it and do hittest to determine if clicked on the checkbox.
Even on the platforms it does work the wxTreeListCtrl doesn't feel well. It is sluggish, lots of artefacts while expanding or collapsing.
I will no longer use wxTreeListCtrl, it is not at the same level as the other stuff in wxWidgets.
Apart from the fact that a documented event does not work on OSX, there are also other events that one would like to have and it doesn't have.
When looking at the list available on wxTreeCtrl and wxTreeListCtrl it is clear al lot less is there.