Problems with Menu's and MDI i it just Ubuntu?

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
ndt_mike
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Problems with Menu's and MDI i it just Ubuntu?

Post by ndt_mike »

So thought I would try a pretty simple MDI application and have ran into a problem.

Using the samples/doc with the MDI switch I get the previous menu's being persistant, but inactive.
MDI.png
Using samples/doc withe SDI switch, the menu's stay current to the window with focus.
SDI.png
Few questions:
Is this specific to Ubuntu, as I didn't see any other questions about it, thought it could be which is why I am posting this here.
Any idea's how to fix it? Tried accessing the menubar and deleting it prior to opening the next file, but all my attempts at writing this code fell pretty flat.

I am using version 3.01 of wxWidgets, I think.

Thanks guys.
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Menu's and MDI i it just Ubuntu?

Post by DavidHart »

Hi,

You've had no answers so far, perhaps because you posted this in the wxDev-C++ forum, which is for questions about that IDE which I suspect you aren't using.

If indeed you aren't, I'll move the thread to 'Platform Related Issues'.

Regards,

David
ndt_mike
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by ndt_mike »

Yeah would appreciate that...posted that when I was tired...sigh and was a bit careless, thanks for the help :D
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

Yes, I confirm it's another side-effect of the unity stupidity. It happens for me in ubuntu utopic using unity; but not using lxde, nor debian wheezy/kde. I suggest you switch to a sane DE.

In theory it's yet another unity issue that wx should fix. In practice, it probably only happens in wxMDI, and as this is rarely used outside Windows...

Regards,

David
ndt_mike
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by ndt_mike »

Thanks David...think I want a couple days of my life back I spent working on it...sigh :?