mingwm10.dll crash

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
cecil
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

mingwm10.dll crash

Post by cecil »

Hi. When I run my project in the folder in that it was created, it crash. I notice that this is because mingwm10.dll. That work if I run my project in CodeBlocks. I've tried remove -mthreads, but this don't work. Someone can help me, please?
ouch67
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: mingwm10.dll crash

Post by ouch67 »

codeblocks will automatically make your program see all the dll's your program needs as long as codeblocks itself can see them. This creates the problem your having as when you run the program out of codeblocks environment your program can't find any of these files and crashes. You only need the mingw dll if your program is multi threaded. Additionally your going to need the wxWidgets dll (if your linking dynamically). The best way to get your program to see them is to place them in the same directory as your program.
cecil
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by cecil »

I put the mingwm10.dll in the folder and this is the cause of crash. When I remove this dll, the program asks the dll.
ouch67
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by ouch67 »

Then you probably are using a library in your program that is asking for it. (Be sure mthreads is not being used when you compile wxwidgets for instance)
cecil
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by cecil »

I have the following configurations:

In subtab Compiler Options, of tab Compiler Settings:

-pipe
-finput-charset=iso-8859-1
[[if (PLATFORM == PLATFORM_MSW && (GetCompilerFactory().GetCompilerVersionString(_T("gcc")) >= _T("4.0.0"))) print(_T("-Wno-attributes"));]]

In subtab #defines, of tab Compiler Settings:

__GNUWIN32__
__WXMSW__
WXUSINGDLL
wxUSE_UNICODE

In Other linker options, of tab Linker Settings, nothing. In Link Libraries, of tab Linker Settings, are libs of libcurl, gdi32, user32, kernel32, Comdlg32 and wsock32.
Manolo
Can't get richer than this

Post by Manolo »

Hi
More than a year ago, MinGW team managed to make mingwm10.dll not needed. Perhaps you should update your compiler and try again.
It is also a good idea to make sure wxWidgets and your app are both compilated the same way. It seems to me that is wx libraries that are asking for mingwm10.dll, not your app.

On another point, you should also check linker settings for each build target (debug, release,...) because the wx libs needed are different (debug' ones have a 'd' in its name).

HTH
Manolo
cecil
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by cecil »

I use a wxWidgets pack( http://wxpack.sourceforge.net/ ). I downloaded the Codeblocks with MinGW together. I don't need compile wxWidgets. My wxWidgets version is 2.8.0. My CodeBlocks version is 10.0.5. I'm making a project now and I want finish, it is close to the end. Probably sunday, I will test these modifications.
cecil
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by cecil »

I used CodeBlocks with MinGW file, because it's come without the problem with inconv implementation. After your post, I've tried install MinGW separately again, but without success. I'd have tried place dll file of libconv in MinGW directory and after replacing the cc1plus.exe( what seems the cause of the problem ), but without success. When I replaced cc1plus.exe with older version of the compiler, it result in other error, requesting a .dll. I place the dll that it requested and some more and it give error of no such file or directory of headers like cstring. I don't know what do to solve this problem.
Manolo

Post by Manolo »

MinGW download: this "mingw-get" will do it all:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/f ... t/download
CodeBlocks last version:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/board,20.0.html

To compile wxWidgets, I just open the MSW command window, change dir to something like "c:\wx293\build\msw" and run a command like mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=debug UNICODE=1 RUNTIME_LIBS=static or the flags you want.

Pay attention with flags and libraries you set in C:B. Recompile you app.
cecil
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by cecil »

Manolo, I made the changes that you suggested. The erros of iconv implementation don't appear, but the program still requires mingwm10.dll. When I put this dll, the program crash. I compiled my code with the configurations that I quoted earlier. Compile defining the flags, libs and other configs directly in CodeBlocks result in the same behaviour when I defines in the make, alright?
cecil
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by cecil »

Someone can help me?
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

If there is a crash when you put the DLL there, then I can imagine 2 things :

1) You put the wrong DLL, an incompatible one

2) Your program does not do proper handling. Maybe you rely on the current working directory to open files, which may work when launching from the IDE but not when launching from the file manager, and in addition to that you don't do proper error handling so fail to detect that the loading was not successful and then crash trying to use the result of the failed load
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows
cecil
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by cecil »

1 ) I use the dll that comes with MinGW. I believe that seems to be the correct.
2 ) My program don't call this dll explicitly, I don't have a code that I made for loading this dll.

However, I build a simple project and tried the same configs that I put in my real project. It run normally in the folder. I'll analyze my project and I'm come back to post if I need. Thanks for reply.
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

cecil wrote:1 ) I use the dll that comes with MinGW. I believe that seems to be the correct.
2 ) My program don't call this dll explicitly, I don't have a code that I made for loading this dll.

However, I build a simple project and tried the same configs that I put in my real project. It run normally in the folder. I'll analyze my project and I'm come back to post if I need. Thanks for reply.
By point 2 I did not mean code to load the DLL. I meant code to load anything, really. The crash you get may not be related to the DLL. It may just be that when the DLL is not there, your application fails to even open so cannot reach the point where it crashes
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows