Moving wxWidgets project to windows...

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
vsector
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Moving wxWidgets project to windows...

Post by vsector » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:40 pm

I was doing some programming in C++ with wxWidgets, when I needed to switch to a windows OS from my linux distro. Because most of the libraries I was using is pretty cross platform, I thought it would be a simple job of simply showing the IDE (code::blocks) where everything was.

But upon trying to compile, I get this error:

Code: Select all

Compiling: Lightfield_RenderingMain.cpp
Compiling: LightField.cpp
In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Tools\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include/wx/wx.h:26:0,
*unimportant stuff snipped out*
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tools\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include/wx/app.h:230:59: error: macro "Yield" passed 1 arguments, but takes just 0
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tools\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include/wx/app.h:406:49: error: macro "Yield" passed 1 arguments, but takes just 0
*unimportant snuff*
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tools\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include/wx/msw/app.h:38:49: error: macro "Yield" passed 1 arguments, but takes just 0
*stuff snipped out*
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tools\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include/wx/app.h:230:18: error: function definition does not declare parameters
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tools\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include/wx/app.h:406:53: error: ISO C++ forbids initialization of member 'Yield'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tools\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include/wx/app.h:406:53: error: making 'Yield' static
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tools\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include/wx/app.h:406:53: error: ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static member 'Yield'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tools\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include/wx/app.h:406:53: error: 'Yield' declared as a 'virtual' field
*stuff snipped out*
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tools\wxWidgets-2.8.12\include/wx/msw/app.h:38:18: error: 'Yield' declared as a 'virtual' field
All the errors are coming from the Yield macro, which I looked at but don't quite know what's wrong.

I think all I had to do with wxWidgets windows installation is run the executable. I've read online there's a post-building process involved, but...

The code was originally on Ubuntu, but I moved it to Windows 7. I'm using Code::Blocks as the IDE, wxWidgets version 2.8.12, and gcc for the compiler.

Edit:

:(, is it that rare?

Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Moving wxWidgets project to windows...

Post by Auria » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:08 am

Before trying to build your own project, can you create a new simple "Hello world" type C::B project with wx and test if it builds and runs fine?
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows