wxGTK & wxMac 2.6.1 sashtest differences & tabbed in

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
PetyrRahl
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxGTK & wxMac 2.6.1 sashtest differences & tabbed in

Post by PetyrRahl » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:24 pm

the sashtest looks one way on Linux and looks completely different on the mac. On linux you've got one window with several sub-frames that have borders that can be resized and then some tabbed frames that can be added for drawing in.
On Mac you've just got those child frames, which act as completely seperate windows and are not even tabbed.
Is this the expected behavior of the sash class on Mac?

Ideally I'd like to have one window on the Mac, so that I can have a tabbed interface. Currently the program I'm helping maintain uses MDI to do this on Windows and Linux and this works pretty well. On Mac though one of the child frames isn't tabbed, it's a completely seperate window that can actually go behind the parent. Ultimatly, I don't really care if I need to move to the sash window interface or if I can somehow kludge the MDI interface into working. I just need the same look that I have on Linux and Windows to be there for me on the Mac.

Thanks,
Petyr