Problems with Tiger and wxNotebookPage

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
Morfio
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Problems with Tiger and wxNotebookPage

Post by Morfio » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:36 pm

Hi,

I'd compiled wxWidgets under Mac OS X Tiger (cd <wx_basedir>; ../configure; make; sudo su; make install). It seems to work great.

But then I tried to compile my project. There are many errors with wxNotebookPage:

Code: Select all

vaddress.h:82: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'wxNotebookPage' with no type
vaddress.h:82: error: expected %<;%> before '*' token
This program compiles under Windows 2000, FreeBSD 5.4 (and 5.4rc), Linux (SuSE, Gentoo) and Mac OS X Panther.

Here is an example of the code:

Code: Select all

// Notebooks
wxNotebook *nbAddress;
wxNotebookPage *nbpAdresse;
wxNotebookPage *nbpLiquiditaet;
Also I tried to compile wxWidgets with --with-gui and --enable-notebook and other things like --with-cocoa ... every time the same errors.

Is der any possibility to terminate them?

Sorry about my bad english (I'm from germany).

Thanks,

Morfio ...

Ryan Norton

Post by Ryan Norton » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:04 am

wxNotebookPage is just a typedef for wxWindow in notebook.h... the errors sure are strange... however you can just use a wxWindow or wxPanel in its place if it gives you too much trouble
[Mostly retired moderator, still check in to clean up some stuff]

Morfio
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by Morfio » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:37 am

I could not solve the problems. With 2.6.0 it works fine. After compiling 2.6.1 there was a directory called wx2.5. I'd deleted it und linked wx-config to /usr/bin. Now wx works fine.