wxMSW questions (statusbar backgr., stderr/out, appearance) Topic is solved

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
AUser
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

wxMSW questions (statusbar backgr., stderr/out, appearance)

Post by AUser »

Hello again,

I have my opengl app running under MSW now, but I have a few general MSW questions:

* Is it possible to enable stderr/stdout? I use libraries that output debugging information to these -- without this it is tricky to debug, even with GDB

* Why does my application have an "old" look and feel (see image)? I have compiled using "./configure --with-msw", under msys. The samples have a "normal" look and feel.

configure:52810: running /bin/sh './configure' --prefix=/usr/local '--with-gl-lib=/c/windows/system32/opengl32.dll' '--with-msw' --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.

The configure output says it will use msw.

* The statusbar background colour cannot be set?? This works under mac/gtk, but nothing happens under msw...

The code I use is (constructor):

MainFrame_statusbar = CreateStatusBar(3, 0);
panelTop->setParentStatus(MainFrame_statusbar,statusTimer,STATUS_TIMER_DELAY);

Then, triggered from a menu event:
MainFrame_statusbar->SetBackgroundColour(*wxGREEN);
Attachments
Old look and feel
Old look and feel
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: wxMSW questions (statusbar backgr., stderr/out, appeara

Post by Auria »

AUser wrote: * Is it possible to enable stderr/stdout? I use libraries that output debugging information to these -- without this it is tricky to debug, even with GDB
This is a Microsoft "feature". Google a bit and you will find on the net examples to redirect stdout/stderr to the microsoft console for GUI apps
AUser wrote: * Why does my application have an "old" look and feel (see image)? I have compiled using "./configure --with-msw", under msys. The samples have a "normal" look and feel.

configure:52810: running /bin/sh './configure' --prefix=/usr/local '--with-gl-lib=/c/windows/system32/opengl32.dll' '--with-msw' --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.

The configure output says it will use msw.
Take a look here : http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/FAQ

I don't know about the status bar question; you'd need to check at the wxStatusBar code in wxMSW to see if it does anything about colour
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows