App. compiled with 2.6.1 needs extra zlib1 and libtiff dll

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
armink
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

App. compiled with 2.6.1 needs extra zlib1 and libtiff dll

Post by armink »

Hello

I configured 2.6.1 with
../configure --with-msw --with-odbc --disable-shared --with-libxpm --enable-monolithic --with-libjpg --with-libz --with-libtiff

Toolkit is mingw/gcc

The resulting libs are:
libwx_msw-2.6.a
libwxexpat-2.6.a
libwxjpeg-2.6.a
libwxpng-2.6.a
libwxregex-2.6.a
libwxzlib-2.6.a

To succesfully compile an application, I had to add manually

libtiff3.dll

to the libs dir and link against it. Therefore compiled applications dont start without libtiff.dll in any known path. This was not needed in my 2.4.2 built.

1.) How can I manage that libtiff is builtin ?

2.) Second effect is that the 2.6.1 apps always need zlib1.dll, although I linked against wxzlib . How can I avoid this and make it also builtin ?
It was also not needed in 2.4.2.
Ryan Norton
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Re: App. compiled with 2.6.1 needs extra zlib1 and libtiff d

Post by Ryan Norton »

armink wrote:1.) How can I manage that libtiff is builtin ?
--with-libtiff=builtin

armink wrote: 2.) Second effect is that the 2.6.1 apps always need zlib1.dll, although I linked against wxzlib . How can I avoid this and make it also builtin ?
It was also not needed in 2.4.2.
--with-zlib=builtin

Also, you can probably correct this by adding the path of where those dlls are to your system enviroment variable PATH. In windows go to the system control panel, advanced, then add the path to it
[Mostly retired moderator, still check in to clean up some stuff]
armink
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by armink »

Thanks Ryan,

I tried al possible settings with configure ... at the end I did it another way :

I compiled libtiff separately to get a "libtiff.a" and now I just link against it ... Since al works fine since then (the zlib problem disppeared too :o , may be it was linking sequence :?: ) ... I'm pruductive again, don't ask anymore what the problem was and am enjoying programming with wxwidgets ...

Nevertheless Thanks Very Much