[wxMAC] setting focus to parent frame Topic is solved

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
mr1x
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

[wxMAC] setting focus to parent frame

Post by mr1x » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:06 am

As usual, Mac issue.

I don't seem to be able to move focus programmatically back to the parent frame after creating a child frame. I am trying to create a little floating window ("baloon") that would move around with the mouse and show info. The problem is - once a child frame is created, it has the focus. Calling SetFocus back to main frame does not do anything on Mac (though it works fine on Windows and Linux).

Is there any Mac-specific hack/way to do that? Barring that - how else can I implement a working baloon popup that does not require user to click back into main frame?

P.S. I'll place a bounty on this problem - $50 to whoever finds a solution. (You can tell I can't work around it this time)

mr1x
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by mr1x » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Found another workaround using Carbon API directly (more "#ifdef __WXMAC__" for me)

It is amazing how many things work great on WXMSW and WXGTK and fail on WXMAC. I don't know how to explain that.

Bounty is off, thanks all for your attention.