[SUSE] Cant set the wx-config path Topic is solved

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
rodrigod
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

[SUSE] Cant set the wx-config path

Post by rodrigod »

I am new to this linux thing, and i am getting my a** kicked every day by it. Our recent fight is trying to set my PATH to wx-config.

First I did the default installation on the manual, with mkdir, configure, make, make install and ldconfig. Then I decided to use multiple configurations.

So i made 2 other configurations, first mkdir, configure and make. I was told there was no need for make install and ldconfig.

On my terminal i type wx-config --libs core it returns:
-L/usr/local/lib -pthread -lwx_gtk2_core-2.8
Then I type PATH=/path/to/my/config=$PATH
So back to wx-config --libs core and great:
-L/home/rodrigo/wxGTK-2.8.9/dinDebug/lib -pthread -Wl,-rpath,/home/rodrigo/wxGTK-2.8.9/dinDebug/lib -lwx_gtk2d_core-2.8
it seems Ok right? wrong!!! All I need to do is close the terminal and open it again and it forgot all about my PATH change. I've tried doing it as root user, same thing.

I am almost breaking my pc because I think its just doing it out of spite, but I will give it another chance if anyone here has got the kind heart to help.

Thanks
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria »

You can change PATH permanently this way : http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/prepostpath.htm
vdell
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by vdell »

Maybe this will help: http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/prepostpath.htm. If you set the PATH in the console then it will naturally disappear when you terminate the console.

Edit: Too slow! ;)
Last edited by vdell on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visual C++ 9.0 / Windows XP Pro SP3 / wxWidgets 2.9.0 (SVN) | Colligere
rodrigod
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by rodrigod »

Thanks!!!
to both of you!
You just saved a pc from impending doom!!!