SetForegroundColour doesn't work on WinXP

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
JohnHo
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

SetForegroundColour doesn't work on WinXP

Post by JohnHo »

I discovered this 'feature':

wxCheckBox::SetForegroundColour() doesn't work on WinXP Home. The problem may exists for other controls as well, but I didn't test them.

The executable was generated on the same WinXP Home machine using Visual Studio C++ Prof. 6.0 and wxMSW 2.6.0.

Interestingly, when I copied that executable over to a Windows 2000 machine. It works correctly, including the check box text foreground colour change!!!

So much for XP being an upgrade of Win2K!
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

Maybe this has nothing to do with wxWidgets, but with the Win XP theme.

Have you tried disabling the windows XP theme and see if it does work? I noticed a lot of my controls don't show a focus in Win XP .. it seems to be related to the themes it uses..

Regards,
- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
JohnHo
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by JohnHo »

Thanks,
Turning off the XP theme worked for the colour changes. However, it didn't obey the sizing that I specified whereas it does under Win2k.

But one big issue resolved. Thanks Jorg!
Jorg wrote:Maybe this has nothing to do with wxWidgets, but with the Win XP theme.

Have you tried disabling the windows XP theme and see if it does work? I noticed a lot of my controls don't show a focus in Win XP .. it seems to be related to the themes it uses..

Regards,
- Jorgen