Compiling under Linux with wxGTK

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
gaymin
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Compiling under Linux with wxGTK

Post by gaymin »

I have a program that compiles with wxwidgets 2.4.2 under visual C++ as well as mingw 3.4

It produces no errors and runs fine.

I tried to compile it under linux using gcc 3.2 and wxwidgets 2.5.3
I do not get any errors but the program does not fully work. It does not display a png picture it is suppose to display. Also the window uses getkeycode() to get the keys the user presses. this isn't working eirther. Any ideas?

I was hoping that if i compiled it under mingw that it would compile under Linux. Guess not
krysa
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Re: Compiling under Linux with wxGTK

Post by krysa »

gaymin wrote:I have a program that compiles with wxwidgets 2.4.2 under visual C++ as well as mingw 3.4

It produces no errors and runs fine.

I tried to compile it under linux using gcc 3.2 and wxwidgets 2.5.3
I do not get any errors but the program does not fully work. It does not display a png picture it is suppose to display. Also the window uses getkeycode() to get the keys the user presses. this isn't working eirther. Any ideas?

I was hoping that if i compiled it under mingw that it would compile under Linux. Guess not
well there are lots of differences in those wx versions.
have you tryed to compile with the same wx version (2.4.2)?
Platform: MSW (Windows XP Pro)
Compiler: msvc 13.10.3077 (Free Toolkit)
wxWidgets: v2.6.0
gaymin
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Thanks, it was a change

Post by gaymin »

Thanks. The problem was because of a change in wxWidgets as well as a messed up uninstall/install of wxWidgets.
Windows XP Pro
codeblocks // mingw 3.4.2 // wxWidgets 2.6.2

SuSE 10.0 OSS
GCC 4.0 // wxWidgets 2.6.2