Iconize on Linux?

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
Jacky2k
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Iconize on Linux?

Post by Jacky2k » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:15 pm

Hello!
I am trying to do a quite simple Tast but it doens work. I want my application to minimize to tray icon.
So when pressing the minimize button the frame should disappear (Show(false)) and a icon has to be created in the tray icon bar. I use the EVT_ICONIZE event to check for iconizing and create the icon with wxTaskBarIcon. Left-Clicking on the Icon should restore the frame again.
In Windows it is no problem, everything works fine. But in Linux I have two main problems:
1. the EVT_ICONIZE event is not called.
2. i am unablte to open the menu of the icon or open the frame again with a small click. (the menu is made with CreatePopupMenu)

Is there any knwon issue? And how can I fix it?

I am using wx 2.8.7 with g++ 4.1.2 under a Debian 4 with 2.6.18 kernel and xorg/KDE 3.5

Edit: Ohhh I forgot, here is the source: http://esat.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ ... lient/src/
The important files are: FrameMain and TaskBarIcon

protocol

Post by protocol » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:12 am

Possible workaround: Some window managers handle iconize events differently, try the same app within Gnome (since it is native to GTk), if that works, then you may have to implement a native linux event to use it in KDE (Qt native).

best regards
/* UIKit && wxWidgets 2.8 && Cocoa && .Net */
QuRegExmm
wxPCRE & ObjPCRE - Regex It!