Problem with wxProcess in intel mac machines Topic is solved

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
kumar
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Problem with wxProcess in intel mac machines

Post by kumar »

Hi,

I am developing a xcode application using wxWidgets.
I am using wxProcess in the application.The termination of the process can be detected in powerpc mac machines.But it can't be detected in intel mac machines.Later I found that it is a bug with wxWidgets ver 2.6.2 what I used in my project.This bug has been fixed in ver 2.6.4.
So I upgraded the wxWidget library to 2.6.4 and used that in my application.But the same problem persists in intel mac machines.
Now I want to know how to create a universal binary for xcode application using wxwidgets.The host machine is powerpc mac and the target machine can be intel or powerpc.
Can anyone explain the steps involved in?

Thanx in advance.
Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with wxProcess in intel mac machines

Post by Auria »

kumar wrote: Now I want to know how to create a universal binary for xcode application using wxwidgets.The host machine is powerpc mac and the target machine can be intel or powerpc.
Can anyone explain the steps involved in?
http://www.wxwidgets.org/wiki/index.php ... l_Binaries
kumar
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by kumar »

Hi,

Thanks for your response.
Now I 've created universal binary using wxwidgets ver 2.6.4.
I didn't tested it in intel machine.
Now I am facing another problem.In my applications menu bar , I have one Help menu.But if I click any menu in the menu bar , another empty Help menu is appearing.This bug comes with this upgradation of 2.6.4.In ver 2.6.2 it is working fine.
Can You help me to remove this Help menu?
Thanx in advance.
kumar
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by kumar »

Hi,
I 've followed the steps you mentioned to create a universal binary.But it doesn't work in the intel mac machine.The problem is the process termination notification could not be detected.But the same application is working fine in power pc machines.
Do you have any idea for the cause of this problem?
Thanx in advance.
kumar
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by kumar »

Hi,

I give some more information about the scenario where the problem occurs.

Machine : Powerpc G4
Development Environment : xcode
Compiler : GCC 4.0
WxWidgets ver : 2.6.4 universal

In my application I am using a wxProcess.The process termination notification should be sent to the main application at the end of the process.I am detecting the end notification from the OnTerminate function of the wxProcess class.This is working fine on windows and powerpc mac.But it doesn't in intel mac.

Previously I used wxWidgets 2.6.2.But the non detection of process termination notification on intel machines is fixed in ver 2.6.4.So i used ver 2.6.4.

Can you help me for this issue?

Thanx in advance.
benedicte
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by benedicte »

We've spent some time on this bug, and found a solution in the wxWidgets 2.8.4 version. We imported back the bug fix in our 2.6.3 branch, and it works. It may help you too.

Look for the history for file src/mac/corefoundation/utilsexc_cf.cpp in the SVN repository.

The revision #46546 should give you the bug fix.
kumar
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by kumar »

Hi,

Thanks.
I also tried with 2.8.4.
It's working fine now.