MSW != (Mac||GTK): MultiLine wxTextCtrl wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
andyking
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

MSW != (Mac||GTK): MultiLine wxTextCtrl wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER

Post by andyking »

Hi,

I am a newbie, so go easy on me;-)

I complied the same app on Windows, Linux and Mac using
wxWidgets 2.5.4 on all platforms.

I am trying to intercept the enter key event to perform a task in a wxTextCtrl.

When I use MultiLine wxTextCtrl and wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER style it works as I expect on GTK on Linux and MacOSX, but windows the enter event does not get captured.

I know there is an example in the docs how to create my own class based on wxTextCtrl and override OnChar() but I am more curious if this is a bug or why the MSW was done this way.

I used DialogBlocks to implement it but I had to pass wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER as a extra style since MULTI_LINE and wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER have been made mutually exclusive.

Does anyone know if this behaviour is a bug or an intended feature? Maybe I did something wrong?

Thanks,
Andy
Avi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Avi »

Probably a platform specific (MSW) bug. If it works on two platforms, it should also work on the third. Post up some of your code, and maybe some of the people here will try to investigate into it. I also think you might wanna file a bug report on the SourceForge.net tracker.
andyking
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by andyking »

I have an example put together in a 32k tarball, is there a way I can post it onto the forum? Or any suggestions where to post it?
andyking
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by andyking »

I posted a bug report on SourceForge and attached a sample there:

Bug Report:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=109863

Attachment:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download ... id=1163532