foldername with spaces

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
e_garden
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

foldername with spaces

Post by e_garden » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:50 pm

I don't know if this is the right forum for this topic, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I've built an application which loads images (.png and .ico) from a folder placed with the .exe file, using a relative path. It works perfectly when I place them (image folder + .exe) in a folder containing no spaces, but when it does contain spaces, sometimes the app just can't find the images... usually it works when it starts, but after 'playing' with it a little the images are not found. Anyone has ever faced it? Does it have to do with a wxGenericDirCtrl I'm using? The relative path is written in the code and I don't intentionally change it with the wxGenericDirCtrl.

I'm using wxWidgets 2.6.3 and Visual Studio 2005 (on Windows XP).

Thanks in advance.

Cursor
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by Cursor » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:13 pm

Could you explain your 'playing' with it a little (perhaps some code). Are you changing the current folder ?

And what are youthinking about images are not found ? Do images cannot be loaded ? or is it just the wxGenericDirCtrl which does not see images ?
What is little and green, witch go up and down ??
Yoda playing with the force.

e_garden
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by e_garden » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:32 pm

I have a frame with a wxGenericDirCtrl int it, and I have also an independent dialog which loads an image from a relative path defined in code. When I first run the app and open this dialog (pressing a button or an item in a menu), this image can be loaded. Then, I close it (the dialog, not the main frame) and select some files from arbitrary folders in the wxGenericDirCtrl (that was what I meant with 'playing', just picking arbitrary stuff), which has nothing to do (at least I think it shouldn't) with that path defined in code, and when I open that dialog again, the image is not loaded anymore! It happens only when the .exe is placed in a folder which name contains spaces. It doesn't happen when the foldername has no spaces.