Memory leaks from libfontconfig

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: Memory leaks from libfontconfig

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
As fr as libpango devs are concerned there is no problem.

One more time - they are working on the premise that it is a system library and in the GUI environment every allocation will be done when GUI (GNOME, XFCE, KDE, etc) will be shutdown.

They don't care about code that links and uses their library.

You can create a patch and submit it for review and argue that it fixes the problem in that library, but nothing will happen.

GNOME is used by multiple people and by a lot of different government agencies in the world. They use it successfully.
Why does it needs to care about memory leak? Because someone links in libpango? Who cares?

Thank you.
Virchanza
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by Virchanza »

I have improved upon my previous patch. Now I build libpango with AddressSanitizer to make sure that nothing gets double-freed:

https://github.com/healytpk/libpango/co ... ..6e76ccfe

On my Ubuntu Linux PC running a wxWidgets program with GTK3, this finds and fixes 18 leaks. I need to do more testing but so far it looks like they were harmless leaks anyway -- they don't seem to accumulate if the program is left running for hours and hours.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
You are wasting time...

Thank you.