Colours wrong on mac

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
DaleyPaley
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Colours wrong on mac

Post by DaleyPaley »

I have a simple wxFrame containing a wxTextCtrl. I also have a setColour function that sets the SAME background colour for both.
This function works if I get a colour from a colour dialog. But the same function does't work if I call it on startup. What happens is the textctrl background is correct but the frame background is a bit darker.
It is exactly the same issue discussed here: https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/issues/14482, a closed bug report from nearly 10 years ago.
I am using a fresh, latest, development version 3.1.5.
It seems that macos colour profiles are just a real pain in the neck. Is there anything I can do to get the same colour appearing for two elements that are set with the same colour. It's really annoying. Especially annoying as it works when I set it from my preferences, but upon startup, when I set the same colours, it looks different, even though the exact same RGB values are being passed in.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: Colours wrong on mac

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
Can you post some code and a screenshot of how it looks like?

Thank you.