Help with wxHexEditor

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
bat
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Help with wxHexEditor

Post by bat »

Sorry, this isn't a dev question. I am using a wxwidgets app (wxHexEditor 0.23) and I am in an amazing scramble. I cannot resize one of the windows (DataInterpreter) to see the info I need at the bottom. I know it is there because I can see the top of the letters (Float) below where it says "64 bit", but I can't see the number field at all.

I can drag the DataInterpreter widget around and dock it in various places, but no resizing seems possible, even if I change the font size. Resizing the main window doesn't help either, nor does reading in a bigger file, sorry! Is there any way of doing this that I have missed before I contact the dev.

Sorry for density of this question(er).

Cheers, Jon.C.
doublemax

Re: Help with wxHexEditor

Post by doublemax »

You should contact the author of that application, there is nothing we can do about it.

My best guess is that the author uses absolute values for the size of that panel and it doesn't fit because the user settings (font size, theme, display dpi, etc) are different.
Use the source, Luke!
bat
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: Help with wxHexEditor

Post by bat »

Thank you very much, Max. Will do. Jon.C.

[Edit] Sorry, I get it. Increase the value of besth for DataInterpreter in .wxHexEditor [SOLVED].