wxCoolBar updates Topic is solved

Are you writing your own components and need help with how to set them up or have questions about the components you are deriving from ? Ask them here.
geralds
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

wxCoolBar updates

Post by geralds »

Is anyone maintaining wxCoolBar? I know a lot of people are migrating to wxAUI and others, but so far I haven't seen anything that beats the look and feel of native rebar controls on MSW.

The issue is that Martin's excellent rebar wrapper feels incomplete: for example, function keys call up debug message boxes with German text; strings are given as literals (and because of extended ASCII characters won't compile unmodified with Unicode builds); most worryingly, important basic rebar functionality is missing.

Try to hide a bar, for example. In the absence of a wrapper for the RB_SHOWBAR message, the only option seems to be destroying the whole rebar (menu and all) and recreate it from scratch. Worse still, destroying rather than hiding the existing rebar leads to crashes in some cases.

I've added _T("")s and a safe wxCoolBar::ShowBar(unsigned index, bool show) in my version, but I was wondering if someone is already maintaining this component. If not, how do I go about submitting a patch?
Jamie
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by Jamie »

Can you please PM me a patch of your changes.