Scanner or TWAIN support

Are you writing your own components and need help with how to set them up or have questions about the components you are deriving from ? Ask them here.
ahoyle
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Scanner or TWAIN support

Post by ahoyle » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi

Does any know of a wxWidgets component for accessing / controlling a scanner (hand or flat bed). Is there wxWidgets component that can communicate with a TWAIN driver? I am aware of http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxia/ but that looks a bit of a dead end, as it has been stuck at pre-alpha stage for 9 years. I have downloaded the source and will look at it but don't want to waste my time if there is a better solution. I have googled it and not found anything, but thought I would ask before digging too deeply into the TWAIN standard.

Initially my main focus is on a solution for Windows xp, vista and 7 that would allow the greats range of scanners, hence my interest in TWAIN. But it would be nice to support Linux and macs.

Thanks
Al.

Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Scanner or TWAIN support

Post by Auria » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:58 am

I am not aware of anything with "wx" in its name that can do that. But using wxWidgets does not limit you to using only wxWidgets so I would suggest to search for libraries doing this outside of the wxWidgets world (wxWidgets is primarily a GUI framework after all)
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows