wxWidgets and OpenPhone

Are you writing your own components and need help with how to set them up or have questions about the components you are deriving from ? Ask them here.
semormarcos
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxWidgets and OpenPhone

Post by semormarcos » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:09 am

Greetings all.

I am trying to build the OPEN PHONE application on Win32, which is based on OPAL and PTLIB. I have all the underlying PTLIB and OPAL stuff building just fine, but now I find myself in very unfamiliar territory in that OPEN PHONE project is dependent on WX-WIDGETS.

Does anyone have experience with OPEN PHONE and getting it to build ? I have defined WXDIR, but am getting complaints about WXVER not being defined. I am using WX-WIDGETS v2.9.0 and have therefore defined WXVER=2.9.0, but still get complaints in VC++ ( version 9 ) that WXVER is not defined.

Since this is a side project to WX-WIDGETS, I'm not finding anything here that helps. Basically the OPEN PHONE is a collaborative effort based on H323/PTLIB/OPAL, with a very tricky build process. Help! Anyone?

Thanks in advance,
mark young

PS - that user name should have been "senormarcos", not "semormarcos". Oops.
Ciao - 88.
Señor Marcos - Mazatlán

semormarcos
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by semormarcos » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:00 am

Hello again...

Here's an update on my efforts.

I have gotten past WXDIR and WXVER situation. For Win32 simply define these as environment variables. WXDIR should be the path to the WX installation, and WXVER is something that is used in the naming convention of generated files. It appears that WXVER can be arbitrary, but omitting the periods seems like a good idea. Eg. use 28, 29 for 2.8.0 and 2.9.0 respectively.

There is an application named WXRC.EXE that is required to build at least some portion of WX or applications dependent on WX. I cannot get this to build for anything!

I get hundreds of compile errors about "strlen()", etc. not being defined, and when I look into it, we have the typical cross-platform highly sophisticated ( i.e. highly fragile ) build system based on macros, etc. This is all failing.

Does anyone know the magic trick to get WXRC to build ? I have built WX solution ( with 'adv', 'aui', etc. ) in all flavors, unicode and otherwise, but still fail on build of WXRC.

Thanks!
mark young

=========== partial dump of build failure ======

------ Build started: Project: wxrc, Configuration: Universal Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
wxrc.cpp
c:\wxWidgets-2.9.0\include\wx/wxcrtbase.h(685) : error C3861: 'strlen': identifier not found
c:\wxWidgets-2.9.0\include\wx/wxcrtbase.h(686) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function 'wxStrlen' not allowed
c:\wxWidgets-2.9.0\include\wx/wxcrtbase.h(686) : see declaration of 'wxStrlen'
c:\wxWidgets-2.9.0\include\wx/wxcrtbase.h(691) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function 'wxStrlen' not allowed
c:\wxWidgets-2.9.0\include\wx/wxcrtbase.h(691) : see declaration of 'wxStrlen'
c:\wxWidgets-2.9.0\include\wx/wxcrtbase.h(697) : error C3861: '_strdup': identifier not found
c:\wxWidgets-2.9.0\include\wx/wxcrtbase.h(698) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function 'wxStrdup' not allowed
c:\wxWidgets-2.9.0\include\wx/wxcrtbase.h(698) : see declaration of 'wxStrdup'
c:\wxWidgets-2.9.0\include\wx/wxcrtbase.h(703) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function 'wxStrdup' not allowed
c:\wxWidgets-2.9.0\include\wx/wxcrtbase.h(703) : see declaration of 'wxStrdup'
c:\wxWidgets-2.9.0\include\wx/buffer.h(72) : error C2894: templates cannot be declared to have 'C' linkage
Ciao - 88.
Señor Marcos - Mazatlán