Importing from Glade and GTK Topic is solved

Are you writing your own components and need help with how to set them up or have questions about the components you are deriving from ? Ask them here.
mihok
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Importing from Glade and GTK

Post by mihok » Wed May 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Sorry for the novice question. I have an extensive GUI developed in Glade and GTK that I would like to port over into wxWidgets. Is there a way for wxWidgets to read the Glade files? I would prefer not to rebuild everything from scratch. Also, can wxWidgets use GTK calls? Obviously, wxGTK translates the wxWidgets to GTK, but can you use pre-existing GTK code with wxWidgets? Again, I'm sorry for the complete ignorance, but I appreciate any insight. Thank you.

Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Importing from Glade and GTK

Post by Auria » Thu May 14, 2009 12:46 am

mihok wrote:Sorry for the novice question. I have an extensive GUI developed in Glade and GTK that I would like to port over into wxWidgets. Is there a way for wxWidgets to read the Glade files?
I'm not very familiar with glade; the only thing I can point at is http://wxglade.sourceforge.net/ (cross your fingers it can import Glade files, but I somewhat doubt it)
mihok wrote:Also, can wxWidgets use GTK calls? Obviously, wxGTK translates the wxWidgets to GTK, but can you use pre-existing GTK code with wxWidgets? Again, I'm sorry for the complete ignorance, but I appreciate any insight. Thank you.
Yes, you can get GTK handles from wxWidgets. But may I ask why? Keeping on calling GTK defeats the purpose of porting to wx (unless you were looking for this to ease the transition)
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows