What about a wxVisio import/export component?

Are you writing your own components and need help with how to set them up or have questions about the components you are deriving from ? Ask them here.
kwboyer
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

What about a wxVisio import/export component?

Post by kwboyer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Hello all,
I am considering adding the ability to at least import the new XML-format Visio drawings (and templates and stencils) into my application. I have several questions:

1) Is there anything like this out there already, so I don't reinvent the wheel?

2) Being that #1 doesn't seem to be the case, which XML wxWidget component is emerging as "standard," if any? I've been using something called lib2xml, since using the XML components packaged with wxWidgets seems to be discouraged at this point.

3) Ultimately, for rendering of things imported from Visio, is the wxShapeFramework up to the task? Or, would OGL be more appropriate? Again, I haven't really used either one just yet, but am probably going to need to choose one in the near future for other uses anyway.

I'm only considering this extension of my app right now, but if I create such a thing, I will seek to make it available to the wxWidgets community, since wxWidgets has been so useful to me with my app development, and I would think others might find it very useful.

Thank you very much for your feedback!