wxCurl in unicode build Topic is solved

Are you writing your own components and need help with how to set them up or have questions about the components you are deriving from ? Ask them here.
Ildar
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxCurl in unicode build

Post by Ildar »

hi,

Has anybody managed to compile wxCurl using wxWidgets unicode build?

I'm trying to build wxCurl in Visual Studio 2005 and getting a bunch of errors like follows:

Code: Select all

Error	3	error C2664: 'ftpparse' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'wxChar *' to 'char *'	e:\projects\bus\lib\wxcurl\src\curl\ftptool.cpp	107	
The compiler can't cast types returned by wxString::GetWriteBuf.

Is there a glue for wxCurl?

thank you in advance
fbronx
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by fbronx »

You can always use ToAscii from wxString

or use one the conversion functions:

http://www.wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.6.3/ ... onvclasses
Use wxWidgets in JavaScript: GLUEscript
abdou
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by abdou »

Hi Ildar,

If you are successfully using wxCurl, I need your help.
I'm trying to compile curl_app but I'm missing the file curl.h. The one I got from libcurl website is prompting these errors :

d:\wxCURL\include\curl/curl.h(170) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'curl_socket_t'
d:\wxCURL\include\curl/curl.h(170) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
d:\wxCURL\include\curl/curl.h(170) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
d:\wxCURL\include\curl/curl.h(236) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'curl_socket_t'
d:\wxcurl\include\curl\multi.h(132) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'fd_set'
d:\wxcurl\include\curl\multi.h(228) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'curl_socket_t'
d:\wxcurl\include\curl\multi.h(249) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'curl_socket_t'
d:\wxcurl\include\curl\multi.h(321) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'curl_socket_t'
And as I'm not that smart in C/C++, I'm completely stopped.
Is the downloaded wxCurl.zip corrupted, please give me yours. Or just some clues.
Best Regards
Abdou
mokapot
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

trouble building wxcurl... edit: works now!

Post by mokapot »

edit: it works now. this is what the flag must look like: --with-libcurl=$TOP_LEVEL_DIR/lib/libcurl/build-i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/curl-config . the actual file must be included.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hi! i have a bit of trouble when i try to build wxcurl as a static lib. the problem is that my static libcurl lib isn't identified by wxcurl when i run configure.

this is the flags that i pass to wxcurl's configure:

../configure --prefix=$TOP_LEVEL_DIR/lib/libwxcurl/build --with-wx-config=$TOP_LEVEL_DIR/lib/libwxgtk/build/wx-config --with-libcurl=$TOP_LEVEL_DIR/lib/libcurl/build --enable-static --disable-shared
terminal read out:

checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking for the --enable-debug option... will be automatically detected

[...]

checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for /lib/libcurl/build/bin/curl-config... no
checking whether libcurl is usable... no
configure: error:
    Could not find a valid libCURL installation on your system.

If you do not have libCURL installed or you have an old version
    then please install the latest version from
      http:/curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

If you have a valid libCURL installed, then please check the config.log
file for more details about the failure of this check.
and the config.log file says:

configure:4266: checking for /lib/libcurl/build/bin/curl-config
configure:4299: result: no
configure:4416: checking whether libcurl is usable
configure:4459: g++ -o conftest  -O2 -I/lib/libcurl/build/include   conftest.cpp -L/lib/libcurl/build/lib -lcurl  >&5
/lib/libcurl/build/lib/libcurl.a(strerror.o): In function `Curl_idn_strerror':
/lib/libcurl/build/lib/../../lib/strerror.c:667: undefined reference to `idna_strerror'
/lib/libcurl/build/lib/libcurl.a(sslgen.o): In function `Curl_ssl_data_pending':
/lib/libcurl/build/lib/../../lib/sslgen.c:745: undefined reference to `SSL_pending'
/lib/libcurl/build/lib/libcurl.a(timeval.o): In function `curlx_tvnow':
/lib/libcurl/build/lib/../../lib/timeval.c:55: undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
/lib/libcurl/build/lib/libcurl.a(url.o): In function `fix_hostname':

etc.
but the curl-config file is there (in path TOP_LEVEL_DIR/lib/libcurl/build/bin) and executing it and passing it the different flags that are available seems to be working as it should.

what's wrong here? :cry:

libcurl was installed with:

../configure --prefix=$TOP_LEVEL_DIR/lib/libcurl/build --enable-static --disable-shared
make
make install
-mokapot
sup?
blizzymadden
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by blizzymadden »

abdou wrote:Hi Ildar,

If you are successfully using wxCurl, I need your help.
I'm trying to compile curl_app but I'm missing the file curl.h. The one I got from libcurl website is prompting these errors :

d:\wxCURL\include\curl/curl.h(170) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'curl_socket_t'
d:\wxCURL\include\curl/curl.h(236) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'curl_socket_t'
d:\wxcurl\include\curl\multi.h(132) : error C2061: syntax ...
Abdou[/quote]

I'm getting these errors too.  I don't think compiling wxCurl on Windows works, the only people who can successfully compile it are on Linux.  Too bad, I had high hopes.
Ildar
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by Ildar »

blizzymadden wrote:I'm getting these errors too. I don't think compiling wxCurl on Windows works, the only people who can successfully compile it are on Linux. Too bad, I had high hopes.
It looks like I haven't been here for too long...

I managed to compile wxcurl under windows, although it took me some time to adjust the pieces of code which work with buffers. Unfortunately I did that nearly a year ago and can't find the source code now.