wxNoteBook alternative on MAC

If you have a cool piece of software to share, but you are not hosting it officially yet, please dump it in here. If you have code snippets that are useful, please donate!
kshitij_ds
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

wxNoteBook alternative on MAC

Post by kshitij_ds » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:03 pm

Hi All,
I have used wxNoteBook to create a dialog. However, the same does not look good on MAC. Under Mac, the tab control is not properly sized, aligned and fails to autoresize itself whenever the window/pane/dialog is resized.

Can anyone suggest as to which class can be used instead of this?

TIA

Auria
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Auria » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi,

you can look at wxAuiTabBar (or whatever the name), or wxFlatNoteBook (an add-on).

However, I wonder about the issues you mentionned. Many wxmac projects use wxNotebooks and they do resize and align correctly.
"Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue"
-- Windows

kshitij_ds
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by kshitij_ds » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi Auria,
I tried using wxAuiNoteBook and it looks pretty good. However, i get an assert failure when i try to click on a tab/page of my wxAuiNoteBook.

Here is my code:

Code: Select all

wxAuiPaneManager paneManager;

myauiNB = new wxAUINotebook( this, ID_MYAUI_NB, wxPoint( 0, 0 ), wxDefaultSize );
  paneManager.AddPane( myauiNB ,
                        wxAuiPaneInfo().Name( _T("Hello") ).Caption( _( "My View" ) ).Left().BestSize( 400, 300 ) );

for ( int wrkItem = 0; wrkItem < wrkCount; wrkItem ++ )
  {
    if ( wrkItem == wrk1 )
    {
      Wrk[wrkItem] = ueDir;
    }
    else if ( wrkItem == wrk2 )
    {
      Wrk[wrkItem] = new myControl( myauiNB , someid);
      //This class is derived from wxControl and is a custom control containing textctrl and a button
    }
    else if ( wrkItem == wrk2 )
    {

Wrk[wrkItem] = new mySecondControl( myauiNB , someid2 );
    }
    else
    {
      Wrk[wrkItem] = new wxTreeCtrl( myauiNB , someid3, wxTR_EDIT_LABELS | wxTR_MULTIPLE | wxTR_HAS_BUTTONS, 0, 0, wxTR_DEFAULT_STYLE );

}
    myauiNB ->AddPage( Wrk[wrkItem], Str[wrkItem], true );
    //Str is an array of string that will contain the label for each page/tab
  }

);

Now after the above is done, my aplpication launches, but after clicking on a tab other than tab#0, it gives me assert failure.
I tried debugging through wxAuiNoteBook class and found that m_tabs.GetPageCount() returns 1.
But when i checked the value while AddPage was called in the for...loop, it returned correct value.
I am not deleting or removing any pages in my code at all and above code is the exact code i have in my class.

Please help.