Some Macros for VC++ .net Users

If you have a cool piece of software to share, but you are not hosting it officially yet, please dump it in here. If you have code snippets that are useful, please donate!
Scorcher24
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Some Macros for VC++ .net Users

Post by Scorcher24 »

Hi Folks !!

I don't know if this is really helpfull for everybody but I think it is for beginners:
I have since XMAS the VC++ 2003 and I have played around with the MacrosIDE and accidentily I have made some which might be useful for some people.

Macro wxAppHeader:
Asks for the AppClassName and Inserts the class Definition and the Implementation for cutting out to cpp file.

Macro wxFrameHeader:
Inserts the Class Declaration for the Frame with copyconstructor and Close Function. Implementation with EventTable is also done for cutting out.

Macro wxHeader:
Inserts the Bootstrapping Code for the Includes AND librarys. Me personal I have always one main header for creating precompiled headers and so I include librarys with

Code: Select all

#pragma comment (lib, "wxmswd.lib")
Of course they are ifdefd for _DEBUG and __VISUAL_C__.
(By the way is this VC Dependent ?? Never tried with gcc..)

With that three macros and using only one cpp file you might have a ready-to go wxWindows Application in about 1 minute, including the missing code in wxFrame::OnInit() (3 Lines ;)). For splitted up code (better way) it takes about 2 or 3 minutes for cutting and pasting the code.
Of course there are more macros like inserting the

Code: Select all

#ifndef __FOO_H__
#define __FOO_H__
#endif /* __FOO_H__ */
fullautomated. Or for inserting a file header with GPL, Purpose, Filename.

Sure, this is for VC only and I hope this helps. The links target is in German but you only have to press Download and unzip it.

Link

edit:
Macors updated for wxWindows 2.6.0 and is now a direct Link. :)
You can remove your warning, norton ;)

rya.
Scorcher24
Last edited by Scorcher24 on Fri May 13, 2005 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IDE: VC++ 2008 Professional
WX: 2.9.2
My Projects
Ryan Norton
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by Ryan Norton »

Note to viewers: This is not only just a link but a link to a site which has a link to the file.

Also - GPL WARNING :).
[Mostly retired moderator, still check in to clean up some stuff]