Browser In A wxNotebook Tab

If you have a cool piece of software to share, but you are not hosting it officially yet, please dump it in here. If you have code snippets that are useful, please donate!
archman007
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Re: Browser In A wxNotebook Tab

Post by archman007 »

There is no real reason for you to "guess anyting". If you cannot appreicate where the thread is going please cease future responses. Again your response is of exactly zero help to me.

Exactly who is the "we" you are referring to?
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

archman007 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:41 pm The example you provided is of little value since you did not follow the the project code I provided for you.
archman007 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:56 pm I find it interesting that some individuals take the "my way or the highway" approach to software development. To be so rigid stifles creativity. I assure you there are more ways to accomplish goals than employing narrow minded approaches.
Did you really expect forcing me to use C::B and wxSmith, which I find vastly inferior to MSVS and wxFormBuilder? So rigid. I felt my creativity stifled and decided to show you another way to accomplish your goal, instead of sticking to your narrow minded approach.

But seriously, this is a lost cause and I promise I will not waste any more of our time in this pointless thread.
archman007
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by archman007 »

Thank you I appreciate you departure. Have a great day!
AmadeusK525
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by AmadeusK525 »

archman007 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:17 pm There is no real reason for you to "guess anyting". If you cannot appreicate where the thread is going please cease future responses. Again your response is of exactly zero help to me.

Exactly who is the "we" you are referring to?
Oh my God dude, I just explained everything to you, how wxWebView is a functional browser control, how you can add it to a wxNotebook tab like any other wxWindow, how you may have been confused becaus MAYBE wxSmith doesn't support adding it to a tab (I don't know if that is actually the case) and *that* is the response you give me? How?? How is it of "exactly zero help" to you?

By "we" I meant me, PB and doublemax, but not together. I am not in touch with either of them, we just happen to be the ones who responded, it could've been anyone else.
archman007
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by archman007 »

Dude
But seriously, this is a lost cause and I promise I will not waste any more of our time in this pointless thread
I see you are back again.

I do not prefer to use any Microsoft Products including Windows and Visual Studio for software development using c++. I have examined that environment as well as many others and I have determined IDE hopping is not for me. When I am forced to use Windows per my customer's request I have CodeBlocks installed as the c++ IDE. If a customer request requires Visual Studio I will comply, But until then I have zero interest in Microsoft solutions, Yes I have Visual Studio installed on Linux. It works fine for me but I have zero time for developing software written in c++ using Visual Studio.

When I review the code provided on GitHub https://github.com/archman007/Browser-In-A-Tab anyone looking at the code can readily see the project is a CodeBlocks project.There is not a ".sln" anywhere in the code. There never has been nor will there never be a ".sln" in the foreseeable future in any code I offer.

The communication breakdown occurs when you attempt to force a Visual Studio solution for a CodeBlocks project. [-X

Thanks for your participation and I hope we will be able to work together on future CodeBlocks c++ projects. =D>

Have a great day. :D
AmadeusK525
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by AmadeusK525 »

Okay, sorry, since you ignored everything I've said I give up. Good luck on getting a Browser in a tab, even though that takes 3 lines of code.
archman007
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by archman007 »

Dude

Thanks for the effort.

Have a great day. :D
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
Out of curiosity - mdo you think that the wxWebView control is Windows only?

Then you are dumber than you think.

This control is available for ALL 3 major platforms (Windows, *nix and Mac).

All you had to do is to grab the code given to you or even compile the webview sample on *nix and see that the browser is already there. Then it takes exactly 3 lines of code to add it to the wxNotebook.

I leave that as an exercise to the reader.

Thank you.
archman007
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by archman007 »

Thank you for your not so useful post.

Have a great day.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Ok.
I would be curious to see the end product (if possible)

Thank you.
archman007
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by archman007 »

The project is on GittHub for use by anyone.

Have a great day!
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
Is it finished?

Thank you.
archman007
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by archman007 »

Please refrain from making assumptions about this project. Since I did not indicate that it was finished it is not finished yet but it still is available on GitHub. There is no rule that reserved GitHub for finished projects only.

Have a great day!
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
I'm not making assumptions - I'm just asking IF it was finished
Please read what other people say, before making accusation.

Thank you.
archman007
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by archman007 »

Thank you and Have a great day!