MSVCR71D.dll was not found

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

Thanks for this step by step plan. I will put it also in the FAQ so others can benefit from your great efforts :-)

- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
Runu Knips
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by Runu Knips »

You recommend using wxWindows-2.5.3 ???

I believed that is a developer release ?!?

Ah, and about the example: One can select ALL projects at the same time and change their runtime lib for all at once (well at least in MSVC++ 5 and 6, I don't use 7 yet). Selecting each of them step by step is both needlessly complicated and very errorphrone...
DougC
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by DougC »

It works! You guys are great! The part I missed was the re-building of all of the libraries. Thanks for the support! Now does anyone know what I need to get rid of these last compiler errors?

Linking...
Creating library .\Debug/launcher_wx.lib and object .\Debug/launcher_wx.exp
wxmswd.lib(thread.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall wxThreadInternal::Create(class wxThread *,unsigned int)" (?Create@wxThreadInternal@@QAE_NPAVwxThread@@I@Z)
wxmswd.lib(thread.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall wxThread::Exit(void *)" (?Exit@wxThread@@IAEXPAX@Z)
wxmswd.lib(init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void * __cdecl operator new(unsigned int,int,char const *,int)" (??2@YAPAXIHPBDH@Z) referenced in function "bool __cdecl wxEntryStart(int &,char * *)" (?wxEntryStart@@YA_NAAHPAPAD@Z)
wxmswd.lib(init.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __CrtSetDbgFlag referenced in function "public: __thiscall EnableMemLeakChecking::EnableMemLeakChecking(void)" (??0EnableMemLeakChecking@@QAE@XZ)
.\Debug/launcher_wx.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
eco
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by eco »

It would appear you are linking with a Single Threaded runtime library.
eco
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by eco »

Runu Knips wrote:You recommend using wxWindows-2.5.3 ???

I believed that is a developer release ?!?
It is but it's pretty solid. 2.6 is just around the corner (or so the legend goes...) so using 2.5.3 is pretty safe. I've been using the 2.5 series for a long time with no problems (unless you consider better designed sizers, lots of additions, and plenty of bug fixes a problem :)).
Runu Knips
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by Runu Knips »

Hmm. Doesn't sound too bad, I had a lot problems with bugs in 2.4.2 ... :(
gururamnath
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by gururamnath »

DougC wrote: Now does anyone know what I need to get rid of these last compiler errors?
I had a similar problem. I removed the entries msvcrtd.lib and LIBCMTd.lib from the linker options and added msvcrtd.lib in the ignore lib settings(LIBCMTd .lib contains the crt debug function it in and it will be automatically used for linking). The Vc++ Projects given along with wx distributions have Multithreaded Debug DLL settings for all the configurations (even for Release, Release DLL, Debug, Unicode etc); so people need to change the compilation settings before doing a build. I guess this needs to be addressed in the FAQ.

-Guru Kathiresan