wxWidgets 2.6.3 integrating in Visual Studio 2005 Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
DannyP
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

wxWidgets 2.6.3 integrating in Visual Studio 2005

Post by DannyP »

Hello,
I'm using wxWidgets 2.6.3 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 for compiling and developing.
Until now I designed the dialogs with an external program (DialogBlocks) and copied the created classes to the Visual Studio project.
But I like to have it more comfortable. Is there any tool or Add-In for Visual Studio 2005 available which allows me, to design the dialogs in this IDE? Like I can do it with MFC Dialogs?
And it would be nice, if IntelliSense and the Documentation is available inside the IDE.
Does anyone know such a (or more) Add-In?

Thanks in advance
Daniel
Ksmith22
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by Ksmith22 »

I'm almost positive the answer to that is no, unless someone has developed something very recently (I doubt it).
upCASE

Post by upCASE »

Hi!
I did something like that for VC7, but had no time to check how to do it in 2005. Maybe this link helps a bit http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?t=7235
wx: svn
Compiler: gcc 4.5.1, VC 2008, eVC 4

"If it was hard to write it should be hard to read..." - the unknown coder
"Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
metalogic
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by metalogic »

My advice to anyone writing GUI designers is this:
Please keep the GUI designer in a library separate from the .exe that drives it. That way you can ship a standalone .exe designer but the library side of it can also be integrated in other IDEs.

A good example of this model is IE where there is a shell (ie.exe) but the actual browser is a COM component that can be embedded in other applications.
cpp
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by cpp »

well, about the add in dialog designer, im affraid i dont think one exsists, but as for intellisense, you dont need anything extra, instellisense does work in VC2005, and it works fine with wxWidgets.
As for the help being integrated in the IDEs help, look here
http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?t=6261
it explains how you can integrare the wxWidgets docs in VC, so you can do "F1 searches"

HTH
Hier Kommt die Sonne...