Linking problem with wxHtmlWindow Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
caravagn
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Linking problem with wxHtmlWindow

Post by caravagn »

I am experiencing a bit trouble with wxHtmlWindow!!!

I am developing my application (C++ with .NET03, wxWidgets 2.6.2) and everything works iff I don't use wxHtmlWindow when I want to add an "About" to myApp in frame.cpp; in fact when I try to make

-----------------
wxHtmlWindow win;
-----------------

During LINKING, I get MANY errors like this

-------
frame.obj : error LNK2001: external symbol "protected: virtual struct wxEventTable const * __thiscall wxHtmlWindow::GetEventTable(void)const " (?GetEventTable@wxHtmlWindow@@MBEPBUwxEventTable@@XZ) unresolved
--------

Although, if try to compile samples like the one showing "how to build an about with wxHtmlWindow" or everything else using wxHtmlWindow all WORKS!!

I don't have any idea on the errors...

- critical code (and include) are cut&pasted from samples
- compilation has NO warnings
- samples work..

Advices?

thanks in advance, giulio
Ksmith22
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by Ksmith22 »

It looks like you are missing an event table somewhere.
caravagn
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by caravagn »

ok, thank you for suggestion and I agree with you, although how this may be possible?

File included in sample is same included in my frame.h, maybe there could be some conflicts between names in included files and mine....even if in my opinion this cannot be the problem (why only in this case?and why is only a matter of mine? too unusual..)

I will follow investigating, hoping to fix this problem...

g.
micros
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by micros »

Most probably you're not linking against the wxmsw???_html.lib. Try looking it up among the compiled libs and add it to Project Settings->Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies.
caravagn
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by caravagn »

micros wrote:Most probably you're not linking against the wxmsw???_html.lib. Try looking it up among the compiled libs and add it to Project Settings->Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies.
OK problem fixed adding wxmsw26d_html.lib to linker's input... wow... I will follow hating .NET and silly configurations.. thanks micro, you deserve a wxAward!!