ideal ide for wx and mingw

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
danielch
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

ideal ide for wx and mingw

Post by danielch » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:05 pm

Hi everybody,
I am new in wxwindows, and I ask you for your opionion.
I'd like to know which IDE do you use with:
wxwidgets 2.6 + MinGW.

Till now I use "text" editor called crimsoneditor. It works....but not good enough with wx.

What I expect:

-this IDE should be free also for comericial use

-should have code completion like this:
http://www.codeblocks.org/img/screenshots/scr1.png
I mean help to choose right method to right objects ;-)

I consider fallowing software:
-code block

-eclipse

-crimson editor

-VC++ Studio 2003 ( i have already bought it so I have it but code comletion does'nt work well ;-( maybe somenews about configure??)

Please give me advices. Thanks very much,
Daniel
Regards,
Daniel Chmielewski

mispunt
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by mispunt » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:53 pm

Hi, I never used crimson editor or VC++ Studio, so I can't give an opinion about those two. But I have used Eclipse and I use Code::Blocks now.

Eclipse:
Last time I used it (a year or two ago), it was very nice to use. Codecompletion was working well (I guess).. The only problem was that it was not easy to get it started with MinGW. I managed it, but I had to look to it very carefully.

Because Java is not the fastes language, I desided to look to another IDE and I found Code::Blocks:

Is easy to setup with MinGW. (comes with it, and search for it) Code completion is working, but not for files that are outside the current project. (They are working on it) And the nicest thing (for me) it is written in C++ with wxWidgets :lol:

I hope this helps.
Compiler: MingW
wxWidgets version: 2.6.2

lowjoel

Post by lowjoel » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:25 am

wxdev-c++ has built in support for wxwidgets (form designer) and is an ide with native mingw support... i added VC support and if need be, we can add BCC and DMC