Create Xcode project for wxwidget application

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
giulio_seb
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Create Xcode project for wxwidget application

Post by giulio_seb »

Dear all,
I am on OS 12.6.3, Xcode 14.2, and wxwidgets 3.1.5. I am trying to create an xcode project using a wxWidget application as indicated in https://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Creating_Xco ... plications, but it does not work.

I followed step by step the indications in the link, except when I tried to change "C++ Standard Library" to "GNU C++ standard library", which I couldn't do because there is no "C++ Standard Library" line in "Build Settings". I have a similar issue for "Select the line "Base SDK" and choose "Current OS X"": there is no "Current OSX" choice, I selected "Mac OS" instead.

When I try to build, I get the error message

Code: Select all

/Applications/wxWidgets-3.1.5/samples/minimal/wxcocoa.xcconfig:4:1 could not find included file 'wx.xcconfig' in search paths
However, the file wx.config is in "$(WXROOT)/build/osx" (I see it), and I included "$(WXROOT)/build/osx" into System Header Search Paths, User Header Search Paths, and Header Search Paths.

May you please help me with this ?

Thank you !
Rohit Agarwal
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: Create Xcode project for wxwidget application

Post by Rohit Agarwal »

The Minimal sample comes with an Xcode project.
You can try building it. If it works, you can modify it.