Codelite - compiling now, but still have IDE issues Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
thomasg_peters
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Codelite - compiling now, but still have IDE issues

Post by thomasg_peters »

I am using wxWidget 3.1.6 - I have successfully compiled libraries and am trying to use Codelite IDE. I have configured the Compiler & linker and can build.

I also added the includes directory to code completion paths. The issues is that the IDS still shows issues "little red arrows' pointing at the lines of code for example the #include <wx/app.h>. When I hover over that little red arrow, it indicates 'wx/app.h' file not found. I am unsure where I need to add additional configuration to resolve this.

As I said, the build does compile, although with warnings. That for a latter thread.

Thomas
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Codelite - compiling now, but still have IDE issues

Post by DavidHart »

Hi,
The issues is that the IDS still shows issues "little red arrows'
This is an (anti-)feature of the Language Server plugin. Possible fixes:
0) If you were using a Filesystem project type, they wouldn't have appeared in the first place.
1) Depending on your Project type, iiuc they might disappear once the project has been compiled.
2) Apparently one way to fix it is to create a file called compile_flags.txt in the root folder of the workspace, containing lines like:
-I/path/to/C++/include/folder
-I/myworkspace/source/tree/includes

3) The nuclear option: disable the Language Server plugin: Plugins/Language Server/Settings. (I think it's still true that) you will automatically revert to using the previous, ctags, code-completion.

Regards,

David
thomasg_peters
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by thomasg_peters »

Okay... thanks for the post Dave,
I am wondering, I tried editing compile_flags.txt but it seems to be getting overwritten each time.

perhaps there is a template, or some cache I need to update to persist that change.

Thomas
DavidHart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DavidHart »

perhaps there is a template, or some cache I need to update to persist that change.
I don't know: the LS plugin isn't something I've been involved with.

I suggest you ask again on the CodeLite forum, especially as this is a purely CodeLite issue: it would affect any project, not just a wx one.