building 32bits library always fails

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
El_isra
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Re: building 32bits library always fails

Post by El_isra »

ONEEYEMAN wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:51 pm Hi,
What is your version of GCC and where did you get it?
What was you build command for the "master"?

Thank you.
build command on first message

output of gcc.exe -v (piped to clip.exe)

Code: Select all

Usando especificaciones internas.
COLLECT_GCC=C:\TDM-GCC-32\bin\gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=C:/TDM-GCC-32/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/10.3.0/lto-wrapper.exe
Objetivo: mingw32
Configurado con: ../../../src/gcc-git-10.3.0/configure --build=mingw32 --enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,jit,lto,objc,obj-c++ --enable-libgomp --enable-lto --enable-
graphite --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-threads=posix --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-fully-dynamic-string --enable-libstdcxx-threads --disable-build
-format-warnings --with-gnu-ld --disable-werror --enable-nls --enable-mingw-wildcard --disable-win32-registry --disable-symvers --enable-large-address-aware --enable-cx
x-flags='-fno-function-sections -fno-data-sections -DWINPTHREAD_STATIC' --enable-libstdcxx-filesystem-ts=yes --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-checking=release --pre
fix=/mingw32tdm --with-local-prefix=/mingw32tdm --with-pkgversion=tdm-1 --enable-sjlj-exceptions --with-bugurl=https://github.com/jmeubank/tdm-gcc/issues
Modelo de hilos: posix
Algoritmos de compresión LTO admitidos: zlib zstd
gcc versión 10.3.0 (tdm-1)
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
So what happens when you start over and drop the "MONOLITHIC=1" from the build command?

I mean delete the whole wxWidgets directory, unpack it again and build it without that option in command. Does it give you exactly the same error?

Thank you.
stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by stahta01 »

You need to either

1. Use an Compiler that is older that works with that version of wxWidgets
2. Figure out what compiler option is needed
3. Apply the patch I posted
4. Build the wxWidgets 3.0 branch instead of the tar file

Tim S.
stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by stahta01 »

You might try the C++ option of "-fpermissive" as in CXXFLAGS=-fpermissive

But, that might not be the best option. And, it might not work.

Tim S.
stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by stahta01 »

The option "-fpermissive" did nothing to fix error.

Tim S.

g++ -c -o gcc1030MSYS2_mswudll\mediadll_mediactrl_am.o  -O2 -mthreads  -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__   -DNDEBUG    -D_UNICODE  -I..\..\lib\gcc1030MSYS2_dll\mswu -I..\..\include  -W -Wall -DWXBUILDING -I..\..\src\tiff\libtiff -I..\..\src\jpeg -I..\..\src\png -I..\..\src\zlib -I..\..\src\regex -I..\..\src\expat\lib -DWXUSINGDLL -DWXMAKINGDLL_MEDIA   -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -D__MINGW64_TOOLCHAIN__ -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -Wno-deprecated-copy -MTgcc1030MSYS2_mswudll\mediadll_mediactrl_am.o -MFgcc1030MSYS2_mswudll\mediadll_mediactrl_am.o.d -MD -MP ../../src/msw/mediactrl_am.cpp
../../src/msw/mediactrl_am.cpp: In member function 'void wxAMMediaEvtHandler::OnActiveX(wxActiveXEvent&)':
../../src/msw/mediactrl_am.cpp:2234:10: error: narrowing conversion of '4294966687' from 'unsigned int' to 'long int' [-Wnarrowing]
 2234 |     case 0xfffffd9f: // readystatechange in IActiveMovie2 and IMediaPlayer
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~
stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by stahta01 »

Applying the patch I suggested fixed the building.

The build command I used is

mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc \
  VENDOR=$_COMPILER_VERSION \
  COMPILER_VERSION=$_COMPILER_VERSION \
  CPPFLAGS="-D__MINGW64_TOOLCHAIN__" \
  CXXFLAGS="-std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -Wno-deprecated-copy" \
  MONOLITHIC=0 SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 BUILD=release
Your basic build command "mingw32-make -j4 -f makefile.gcc CXXFLAGS="-std=gnu++11" BUILD=debug UNICODE=1 SHARED=0 MONOLITHIC=1"

My basic build command "mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc CXXFLAGS="-std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -Wno-deprecated-copy" MONOLITHIC=0 SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 BUILD=release"

Added "-Wno-deprecated-copy" to reduce all the warnings to much smaller amount
Added "-fpermissive" I think this was needed in the past but I forget why
Building shared because it is what I want and shared is harder to build; if shared builds static almost always builds
Building release because it is what I want; after building release I build the debug version
Unicode and Multilib is default; but, I specify it to remind myself that is what I am building

Edit: In wxWidgets 3.1 the addition of [CPPFLAGS="-D__MINGW64_TOOLCHAIN__"] helps options in wx/setup.h to work correctly when build with an MinGW64 based mingw GCC.

Tim S.
El_isra
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by El_isra »

I just gave up.
32bits consumers will have to buy another PC, i'm not wasting another %$@%ing seccond on this 32-bit shit
stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by stahta01 »

El_isra wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:26 am I just gave up.
32bits consumers will have to buy another PC, i'm not wasting another %$@%ing seccond on this 32-bit shit
If you wish to program in the real world you will in time have to learn how to read patch files!
Taking at most 5 minutes to hand edit the file and see that it fixed the problem.

You are now a person I consider a waste of time to help!

Tim S.
El_isra
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by El_isra »

stahta01 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:44 pm
El_isra wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:26 am I just gave up.
If you wish to program in the real world you will in time have to learn how to read patch files!
Taking at most 5 minutes to hand edit the file and see that it fixed the problem.

You are now a person I consider a waste of time to help!

Tim S.
Compilation fails on every wxWidgets version that i've tried on this shitty toolchain, not only 3.0.5.... 3.1.5 and 3.1.4 too
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
Did you try to apply a patch from Tim and recompile?

Thank you.
stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by stahta01 »

ONEEYEMAN wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:41 pm Hi,
Did you try to apply a patch from Tim and recompile?

Thank you.
Should not have to recompile; just edit and make should work.

The patch fixed that problem for me; if he refuses to apply it then it is his problem.

Tim S.
El_isra
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by El_isra »

Testing patch now...

sorry if i don't answer/try to everything you post...

I'm working on this on my free time, at first it was just a stupid project, but when i realized that wxWidgets was so easy to use on code::blocks I decided to work more with my project and release it for consumption, that's why i want to build as 32bit
El_isra
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by El_isra »

../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp: In member function 'void wxWebViewIE::onActiveXEvent(wxActiveXEvent&)':
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:553:28: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270082' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  553 | #define INET_E_INVALID_URL 0x800C0002L
      |                            ^~~~~~~~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:57:14: note: in definition of macro 'WX_ERROR_CASE'
   57 |         case error: \
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1437:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_INVALID_URL'
 1437 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_INVALID_URL, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_REQUEST)
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:557:27: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270083' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  557 | #define INET_E_NO_SESSION 0x800C0003L
      |                           ^~~~~~~~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:57:14: note: in definition of macro 'WX_ERROR_CASE'
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1438:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_NO_SESSION'
 1438 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_NO_SESSION, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_CONNECTION)
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:561:31: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270084' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  561 | #define INET_E_CANNOT_CONNECT 0x800C0004L
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1439:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_CANNOT_CONNECT'
 1439 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_CANNOT_CONNECT, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_CONNECTION)
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:565:35: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270085' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  565 | #define INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND 0x800C0005L
      |                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1440:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND'
 1440 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_NOT_FOUND)
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:569:33: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270086' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  569 | #define INET_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND 0x800C0006L
      |                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1441:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND'
 1441 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_NOT_FOUND)
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:573:35: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270087' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  573 | #define INET_E_DATA_NOT_AVAILABLE 0x800C0007L
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1442:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_DATA_NOT_AVAILABLE'
 1442 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_DATA_NOT_AVAILABLE, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_NOT_FOUND)
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:577:33: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270088' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  577 | #define INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE 0x800C0008L
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1443:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE'
 1443 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_CONNECTION)
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:581:40: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270089' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  581 | #define INET_E_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED 0x800C0009L
      |                                        ^~~~~~~~~~~
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1444:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED'
 1444 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_AUTH)
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:585:31: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270090' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  585 | #define INET_E_NO_VALID_MEDIA 0x800C000AL
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1445:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_NO_VALID_MEDIA'
 1445 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_NO_VALID_MEDIA, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_REQUEST)
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:589:35: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270091' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  589 | #define INET_E_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT 0x800C000BL
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1446:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT'
 1446 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_CONNECTION)
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:593:32: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270092' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  593 | #define INET_E_INVALID_REQUEST 0x800C000CL
      |                                ^~~~~~~~~~~
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1447:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_INVALID_REQUEST'
 1447 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_INVALID_REQUEST, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_REQUEST)
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:597:33: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270093' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  597 | #define INET_E_UNKNOWN_PROTOCOL 0x800C000DL
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1448:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_UNKNOWN_PROTOCOL'
 1448 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_UNKNOWN_PROTOCOL, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_REQUEST)
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:601:33: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270094' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  601 | #define INET_E_SECURITY_PROBLEM 0x800C000EL
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1449:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_SECURITY_PROBLEM'
 1449 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_SECURITY_PROBLEM, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_SECURITY)
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:605:33: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270095' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  605 | #define INET_E_CANNOT_LOAD_DATA 0x800C000FL
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1450:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_CANNOT_LOAD_DATA'
 1450 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_CANNOT_LOAD_DATA, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_OTHER)
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:617:32: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270100' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  617 | #define INET_E_REDIRECT_FAILED 0x800C0014L
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1451:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_REDIRECT_FAILED'
 1451 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_REDIRECT_FAILED, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_OTHER)
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:621:32: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270101' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  621 | #define INET_E_REDIRECT_TO_DIR 0x800C0015L
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1452:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_REDIRECT_TO_DIR'
 1452 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_REDIRECT_TO_DIR, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_REQUEST)
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:625:36: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270102' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  625 | #define INET_E_CANNOT_LOCK_REQUEST 0x800C0016L
      |                                    ^~~~~~~~~~~
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1453:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_CANNOT_LOCK_REQUEST'
 1453 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_CANNOT_LOCK_REQUEST, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_OTHER)
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:629:35: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270103' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  629 | #define INET_E_USE_EXTEND_BINDING 0x800C0017L
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1454:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_USE_EXTEND_BINDING'
 1454 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_USE_EXTEND_BINDING, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_OTHER)
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:633:32: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270104' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  633 | #define INET_E_TERMINATED_BIND 0x800C0018L
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1455:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_TERMINATED_BIND'
 1455 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_TERMINATED_BIND, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_OTHER)
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:637:36: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270105' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  637 | #define INET_E_INVALID_CERTIFICATE 0x800C0019L
      |                                    ^~~~~~~~~~~
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1456:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_INVALID_CERTIFICATE'
 1456 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_INVALID_CERTIFICATE, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_CERTIFICATE)
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:641:39: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270336' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  641 | #define INET_E_CODE_DOWNLOAD_DECLINED 0x800C0100L
      |                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1457:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_CODE_DOWNLOAD_DECLINED'
 1457 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_CODE_DOWNLOAD_DECLINED, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_USER_CANCELLED)
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:645:34: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270592' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  645 | #define INET_E_RESULT_DISPATCHED 0x800C0200L
      |                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1458:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_RESULT_DISPATCHED'
 1458 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_RESULT_DISPATCHED, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_OTHER)
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:649:40: error: narrowing conversion of '2148270848' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  649 | #define INET_E_CANNOT_REPLACE_SFP_FILE 0x800C0300L
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1459:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_CANNOT_REPLACE_SFP_FILE'
 1459 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_CANNOT_REPLACE_SFP_FILE, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_SECURITY)
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:653:52: error: narrowing conversion of '2148271360' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  653 | #define INET_E_CODE_INSTALL_BLOCKED_BY_HASH_POLICY 0x800C0500L
      |                                                    ^~~~~~~~~~~
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1460:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_CODE_INSTALL_BLOCKED_BY_HASH_POLICY'
 1460 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_CODE_INSTALL_BLOCKED_BY_HASH_POLICY, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_SECURITY)
      |                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..\..\include/wx/msw/missing.h:657:40: error: narrowing conversion of '2148271104' from 'long unsigned int' to 'long in
' [-Wnarrowing]
  657 | #define INET_E_CODE_INSTALL_SUPPRESSED 0x800C0400L
      |              ^~~~~
../../src/msw/webview_ie.cpp:1461:31: note: in expansion of macro 'INET_E_CODE_INSTALL_SUPPRESSED'
 1461 |                 WX_ERROR_CASE(INET_E_CODE_INSTALL_SUPPRESSED, wxWEBVIEW_NAV_ERR_SECURITY)
makefile.gcc:9694: recipe for target 'gcc_mswud\monolib_webview_ie.o' failed
mingw32-make: *** [gcc_mswud\monolib_webview_ie.o] Error 1

stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by stahta01 »

Did you do something like adding a option that results in some warning becoming error?

If you post the g++ command that causes the error someone can likely help you more.

I have not gotten your current error yet. I only tried the shared release build today; it is currently partly though an shared debug both multilib.

I am trying an static multilib build right now I hope it finishes in a few hours.
Next I might try am monolithic static build.

Tim S.
stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Post by stahta01 »

I looked at your error and it makes sense; but, I have no idea why you are getting it and I am not.
Edit: It makes sense that it gets a warning there; but, I have no idea why it is an error. Might need an C++ expert.

The compiler command would help as stated before.

Tim S.