wxWidgets-3.1.4 complied on Big Sur, not compatible with earlier Mac OS

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
iiuufigtt
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

wxWidgets-3.1.4 complied on Big Sur, not compatible with earlier Mac OS

Post by iiuufigtt »

I complied wxWidgets-3.1.4 on Big Sur with the following configuration.

./configure --disable-debug ---disable-shared -with-cocoa --with-opengl --with-macosx-version-min=10.10

Compilation and make are completed with no error. I can also compile my own program based on the libraries. The program can run on Big sur; however, it cannot run on any OS earlier than Big Sur, such as OS 10.13. The error message is "Need Big Sur to run the app ...".

I also tried compiling wxWidgets-3.1.4 on OS 10.13. My program can run on OS 10.13 and can also run on Big Sur, but the problem is that when it runs on Big Sur, the rendering of the program's 3D window is not refreshed properly.

Can you please give me some advice on this issue. Ideally, I hope the complied wxWidgets program on Big Sur can be backward compatible on OS 10.10 or above.

Thank you for your attention.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: wxWidgets-3.1.4 complied on Big Sur, not compatible with earlier Mac OS

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
I didn't mean for you to repost here in a different forum.
What I meant is to send an E-mail to wx-users mailing list (you need to register if you never did so and get approved). I gave you a link
The core wx-devs are very rarely, if ever, come to this place.

This forum is for users by users of the library.

Thank you.

P.S.: One more time - this is the link to the ML page: https://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mailing-lists/