Installation of CB and wxW

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
runeight
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Installation of CB and wxW

Post by runeight »

Does anyone know if this tutorial needs to be updated for CB20.03 and latest wxW dist? It seems like it might be slightly out of date as I went through the first doc to install. But, I am not sure....

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46125

Thanks
doublemax

Re: Installation of CB and wxW

Post by doublemax »

It seems like it might be slightly out of date as I went through the first doc to install.
That's absolutely possible. If you notice any things that are false for the new CB version, please let us know.
Use the source, Luke!
runeight
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by runeight »

Thanks for the reply. I only got part way through the steps and then had to stop because I couldn't locate the two missing libraries that are noted in the first document. Furthermore, the only wx distribution that I could find was a full 64bit exe file that did what appeared to be a normal unpack and install.

Also, since we are at CB20.03 on that side of the equation, it would be awfully handy for those of us who have already upgraded to the latest rev, if the gentleman who wrote up the original tutorial, could update it. Assuming that the latest revs of the parts actually do work together.

I am having the problems that have been reported here: no debugger configuration for wxWidgets and failure to locate setup.h. I had planned to go through all of the tutorial sections that you guys provide to get up to speed. But I am blocked at the moment.

I am reasonably skilled, but there are many nuances to getting all of this to work and for me, it is not that easy to back up a few revs of CB and the compilers to make this work. I pretty much depend on downloading the releases and having them work or work together.

I do absolutely, fully understand that this is open source and that lots of people have put lots of hours into it, and I am grateful to have these tools to use. I expect to do my part to get things working, but it sure would be helpful if the integration were just a little smoother. :D
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

I am not familiar with the linked tutorial but as far as I can tell, nothing has changed in Code::Blocks from v17 to v20 (there were no v18 and v19, the number refers to the year of the release) regarding creating a wxWidgets project. This applies to newer wxWidgets and compiler versions too, there has been no change affecting wxWidgets setup in Code::Blocks...

Missing setup.h error means that you did not add the build-specifc folder to compiler. I.e., the main include folder (something like $(#wx)\inclde) is Search Directories / Compiler in the project build options for both Debug and Release build targets. But you also need to add the build specific one to each configuration, e.g. $(#wx)\lib\gcc_x64_lib\mswud to the Debug and $(#wx)\lib\gcc_x64_lib\mswu to the Release one.

Something like this (your paths will be different)
CB_all.png
CB_all.png (21.48 KiB) Viewed 828 times
CB_debug.png
CB_debug.png (23.34 KiB) Viewed 828 times