How do I install wxsmith?

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
jjenson1
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

How do I install wxsmith?

Post by jjenson1 »

Hi,

I'm running Peppermint 9 Linux. I have built codeblocks from source and successfully installed it on my system and have been using it ever since without issue. Lately, I have become interested in wxwidgets, but when I create a new project, there is no form wizard. I found out that I need wxsmith installed. I have downloaded a zip of the source folder called wxSmithKWIC, which contains cpp and header files, but no makefile or any means to build anything. Not sure what I'm supposed to do with this folder as there are no instructions anywhere. Am I missing something? Where can I get it? I'm stumped. Can anyone help me with this? I'd like to start building wxwidget apps.

Thanks,
JJ
Manolo
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Re: How do I install wxsmith?

Post by Manolo »

wxSmith is a plugging of Code::Blocks. If you have built C::B on your own then you missed to build also pluggins.

To use wxWidgets no wizard is needed. You can always add the required libraries and headers on your own. It happens that on Linux wx has a useful tool called "wx-config", which can do that required stuff for you.

If you prefer to use a C::B wizard, then, again, build the proper pluggins.

For more info, please ask in the C::B forum site http://forums.codeblocks.org/
jjenson1
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by jjenson1 »

I didn't mean to say wizard, I meant resource editor. Without a resource editor it makes it quite a pain to create a GUI.

I built the latest source which is (was?) codeblocks-17.12

I did a ./configure, make and make install.

It runs and if I choose the plugin manager, I can see there are plugins loaded, but when I start a new widget project and I select the wxsmith radio button, when I click the next button, I get "wxsmith plugin is not loaded, cannot continue".
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
As Manolo said you question is better suited in the C::B forum.
Also, you should understand how to build the GUI with the sizers and then start building something.

Look up multiple tutorials on the web about sizers and wxWidgets.

Thank you.