wxbase312u_gcc.dll was not found

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
jaimito
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxbase312u_gcc.dll was not found

Post by jaimito »

Hello everyone and thanks very much in advance for your help.

I am new to learning C++, I have chosen Codelite and wxWidgets to do so.

I have built wxWidgets 3.1.2 following the instructions on this page: https://wiki.codelite.org/pmwiki.php/De ... WidgetsWin
I am working on Windows 10 64 bits.

I compiled the minimal sample in a Command Prompt (with the command below) and it created the minimal.exe file in the folder gcc_mswudll, but when I run this file I get this error message: "wxbase312u_gcc.dll was not found".
mingw32-make -j8 -f Makefile.gcc SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 BUILD=release VENDOR=cl CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c++11"

I also want to mention that so far I have not used Codelite, I just built wxWidgets and immediately compile the minimal sample in a Command Prompt.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you very much
Manolo
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Re: wxbase312u_gcc.dll was not found

Post by Manolo »

You have built wx with SHARED=1. This means that the result is some dynamic files (.dll on Windows).

When your executable starts it looks for these files. It searches at system dirs, like %windir%\system32, but instead of pollute the system, better put your .dll in the same directory as the executable.

Another solution is to link statically. Use SHARED=0. This will produce .a files from whose Mingw will extract the used code and incorporate it into your executable.
jaimito
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: wxbase312u_gcc.dll was not found

Post by jaimito »

Hi Manolo,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Is there any way to tell the .exe where to search for the wxWidgets' DLL?

Thank you very much.