Compile WxWidgets for the BeagleBone Black

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
apons
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Compile WxWidgets for the BeagleBone Black

Post by apons »

I am trying to port WxWidgets to the Debian OS on the BeagleBone Black (BBB). I have added a 4D System LCD to the BBB and would like to develop WxWidgets application on that platform. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to accomplish this?

The objective is to have a Ubuntu development workstation running CodeBlocks to target the BBB with WxWidgts for the ARM (BBB) and Debian OS. So I need to get a WxWidgts compiled for the BBB before I can started configuring CodeBlocks for cross-compilation.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
T-Rex

Re: Compile WxWidgets for the BeagleBone Black

Post by T-Rex »

Your question is too general. Most likely you will not receive the complete answer. Would be better if you try to cross-compile by yourself and then came back here with specific problem.
There is a Wiki guide for cross-compilation. If you have the toolkit for compilation of ARM apps on your desktop machine, you could follow the steps described in the guide and just replace the compiler/linker/archiver binary names, paths to the include and library directories with correct names from that toolkit.
doublemax

Re: Compile WxWidgets for the BeagleBone Black

Post by doublemax »

Use the source, Luke!