codeblocks::wxwidgets project distribution Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Emerald2240
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

codeblocks::wxwidgets project distribution

Post by Emerald2240 »

Hi I'm a beginner in wxwidgets programming I use codeblocks' drag n drop version of wxwidgets
I just recently completed my first serious project! A basic calculator, and I was thinking yeah I'm done so how do I actually make my application complete and distributable?
I went to my release folder under codeblocks wxwidgets bin directory, I found the project and for some reason it displays
"The program can't start because wxmsw311u_GCC_custom.DLL is missing from your computer...."
Any help! I'd appreciate!
Thanks!
doublemax

Re: codeblocks::wxwidgets project distribution

Post by doublemax »

If you link wxWidgets dynamically, the executable requires the wxWidgets DLLs to run. In your case that means you'd have to install the wxWidgets DLLs globally or copy them to the directory of the executable.

If you want "self-contained" executables, you'll need to link wxWidgets statically.

These are configuration options in the IDE.
Use the source, Luke!
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

doublemax wrote:If you want "self-contained" executables, you'll need to link wxWidgets statically.

These are configuration options in the IDE.
Justo to be sure, this also requires having a static build of wxWidgets.
Emerald2240
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Emerald2240 »

doublemax wrote:If you link wxWidgets dynamically, the executable requires the wxWidgets DLLs to run. In your case that means you'd have to install the wxWidgets DLLs globally or copy them to the directory of the executable.
That makes sense! Thanks!!