Compiling wxWidgets for debug and for release in Windows using MinGW

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
micronpn
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Compiling wxWidgets for debug and for release in Windows using MinGW

Postby micronpn » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Hi guys,
I want to build wxWidgets 3.1.1 using MinGW for debug and release, this is my make command for release:
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release > log-rel.txt 2>&1

and for debug:
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=debug > log-dbg.txt 2>&1

Does wxWidgets allow or differentt names for monolithic debug and release dlls? Because in any order I try to compile the lib has problem to access the monolithic dll so it does not complete the build.
If the answer is not... are there aany problems to rename the dlls?
KR,
Massimo

PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: Compiling wxWidgets for debug and for release in Windows using MinGW

Postby PB » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:58 pm

The release and debug versions have different filenames, e.g. wxmsw31u.a vs wxmsw31ud.a for import libraries and wxbase311u_gcc_custom.dll vs wxbase311ud_gcc_custom.dll for DLLs.

If you are getting an error, the issue must be somewhere else. Search the forum for possible solutions, I think the issues with GCC and monolithic builds are somewhat common.

You should also always post the version of the compiler used and the concrete error message(s) you got.

Return to “Compiler / Linking / IDE Related”