VisualStudio 2017 v15.8.5 (vc141), Conformance Mode

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
bsmitty5000
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

VisualStudio 2017 v15.8.5 (vc141), Conformance Mode

Post by bsmitty5000 »

Hi,

I'm new to wxWidgets as of yesterday. I was trying to create a Hello World project and struggled with this error for a while. I spent a few hours comparing the project defaults from the Visual Studio project wizard to what's in the minimal project. The single difference that seemed to do it for me was Conformance Mode was set to yes by default in my project. Setting this to no finally fixed this error for me.

Maybe this is common sense for more experienced folks, I'm not even 100% what conformance mode means. #-o

Thanks!
doublemax

Re: VisualStudio 2017 v15.8.5 (vc141), Conformance Mode

Post by doublemax »

It's a little hard to extract the relevant information from your post...
...and struggled with this error for a while.
What error?
Conformance Mode was set to yes by default in my project.
Are you talking about your self-built project file or the one from the minimal sample?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/bu ... ew=vs-2017
Use the source, Luke!
bsmitty5000
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by bsmitty5000 »

My fault, I thought I was replying to another post- viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45130. Without that context my post doesn't make much sense.

The error I was getting was the same as Nunki, "error C3861: 'wxStrcoll': identifier not found". I just wanted to give another solution to the issue because simply reordering the includes did not work for me.

The minimal project built fine out of the box. The problem was trying to make a project from scratch using the wizard.

Thanks!
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

Ok, makes sense now. Thanks for the clarification.
Use the source, Luke!