Code::Blocks cannot compile, Wx/App.h not found,

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
dc929292
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Code::Blocks cannot compile, Wx/App.h not found,

Post by dc929292 »

Hi (using Ubuntu 16.04)

I'm trying to compile wxWidgets on Code::Blocks and am unsure how to find where the compiler is pointing. I initially installed with incorrect library parameters for what I need, reinstalled using the correct ones but C::B cannot register this change.

I've confirmed using wx-config --cxxflags and my /usr/local/lib file that my correct library is installed (trying to build the library). This post (viewtopic.php?t=42125) mirrors my problem and simply states C::B is pointing to the wrong place. How can I find this and change it to the correct, reinstalled library?
stahta01
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru
Ultimate wxWidgets Guru

Re: Code::Blocks cannot compile, Wx/App.h not found,

Post by stahta01 »

Whenever the value of items in back ticks change it is best to shutdown and restart code::blocks.

Tim S.
dc929292
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: Code::Blocks cannot compile, Wx/App.h not found,

Post by dc929292 »

stahta01 wrote:Whenever the value of items in back ticks change it is best to shutdown and restart code::blocks.

Tim S.
Thanks for the reply. I managed to simply link my new library to the compiler but it's giving me a new issue, "g++: error: wx-config: No such file or directory." A similar post says to tell C::B to use the full path but I'm unfamiliar with that syntax. Still trying to find solutions.