Trying to use wxWidgets in a VS2017 Community project

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Juge
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Trying to use wxWidgets in a VS2017 Community project

Post by Juge »

I'm trying to build a C++ project with wxWidgets (version 3.0.4) in VS2017 Community, for which I'm using this guide: https://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Microsoft_Vi ... B%2B_Guide .

However, after following all the steps from the section "Creating a new project by hand", I get a E1696 error "no se puede abrir el archivo origen"/"the [source file?] can't be opened", "../../../lib/vc_lib/mswud/wx/setup.h".

What am I doing wrong? How can I solve it? Thank you for your time.
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: Trying to use wxWidgets in a VS2017 Community project

Post by PB »

It looks as if you you did not build/install wxWidgets properly (at least for the static debug build) and the file is not there. Do you have file setup.h in $(WXWIN)/vc_lib/mswud? Have you tried to build and run (at least) the bundled minimal sample?

Or perhaps you did not set the path in the compiler include directories for your project correctly? Generally speaking, it is best to use an absolute path such as $(WXWIN)/vc_lib/mswud.