wxAUI + #8945 + OSX + Doc/View Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
gul_garak
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

wxAUI + #8945 + OSX + Doc/View

Post by gul_garak »

Hello,

I know this is a long shot..but has anyone been able to build for OSX the patches from ticket #8945 for the Doc/View framework under wxAUI? I've successfully built under Windows via Visual Studio, but in OSX I get 3 errors, all relating to "incomplete type" for the wxAUIMDIClientWindow class.

I've been trying to understand the source of the error, but I can't find any pure virtual methods that aren't being implemented by that derived class.

Thank You!

- Alejandro
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: wxAUI + #8945 + OSX + Doc/View

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
Can you post complete error message you received? With the line number and the backtrace?

Thank you.
gul_garak
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by gul_garak »

ONEEYEMAN wrote:Hi,
Can you post complete error message you received? With the line number and the backtrace?

Thank you.
Sorry for the late reply. I thought the post got deleted (it got moved - which makes sense).

I'll try undoing my changes so I get the error again, but I was able to get around it by implementing dummy functions in the base template class so it's not incomplete, then overriding them as needed in the derived classes. I'm sure this isn't the optimal solution, but I'm not any good dealing with complex templates dependencies.

I also came across a few more issues in the OSX port (and in Windows too) for the current #8945 patches. I'll post a summary once a I'm finished with the last couple of issues and I've had a change to test it more.

- Alejandro
gul_garak
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by gul_garak »

Making this note in case someone searches for the issue too.

Looks like these changes just got rolled into the main branch and in a simpler/clearer way. So the patches from #8945 should be obsolete now.

https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/808

Just finished testing in Windows and they seem to be working great. Next is OSX.

- Alejandro