How can Codeblocks be Configured with Wxwidgets?

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Chikwado
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

How can Codeblocks be Configured with Wxwidgets?

Post by Chikwado »

I Need A Cue On How To Configure Codeblock Version 16.01 With Wxwidgets Version 3.0.3. Someone Help.
Last edited by DavidHart on Sun May 06, 2018 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed the thread title from 'Some One Help With A Cue ' to something more explanatory
Window 8.1 x86, Codeblock 20.03, TDC-GCC-10.3.0, C++ 20, wxWidgets-3.2.1
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: How can Codeblocks be Configured with Wxwidgets?

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
Do you mean how to create a project inside C::B to use with wxWidgets-3.0.3? Or something else?

If the former, try to search this forums. There are a lot of different posts about this topic.

Thank you.
Chikwado
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Chikwado »

I Have Been Reading From This Example And Tested It But It Was Spotting Error. Are There Available Source And Link So I Can Read More? I Build The Wxwidget With The Following Details:

Code: Select all

mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc SHARED=0 MONOLITHIC=1 CXXFLAGS="-std=gnu++11" BUILD=debug  mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc SHARED=0 MONOLITHIC=1 CXXFLAGS="-stdgnu++11" BUILD=release 
Last edited by Chikwado on Mon May 07, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
I believe all of it is pretty much outdated.
Which command did you use to build wxWidgets?
Open C::B, create a new project and for it and select exactly the same options you chose when you built the library.

Add you source code and build.

If after doing so you have the errors - please post them here. We are not a magicians and can't guess what the errors you see are.

Thank you.
Chikwado
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

Post by Chikwado »

Dear Moderator I Was Completely Going Wrong With What I Was Doing, I Wanted To Add Compiler And Linker In Codeblock Not Configuring. I'm Using Window7, Wxwidget Version 3.0.3, Mingw Version 4.9.2, I Build The Library With The Following Example:

Code: Select all

mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=debug SHARED=0 MONOLITHIC=1 CXXFLAGS="-std=gnu++11" mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=release SHARED=0 MONOLITHIC=1 CXXFLAGS="-std=gnu++11"
After Building Wxwidget, In Commandline I Can View The "minimal.exe" with example: "C:\wxWidget\samples\minimal\gcc_mswud>minimal.exe" Which Show Successfull Building. My First Wxwidget File, I Uploaded It Here: My File. In Codeblock I Can Navigate To -> "menu" -> "setting" -> "compiler" Then Big Frame Said " Global Compiler Setting" My Burning Questions Is: How To Add Compiler And Linker In That Frame So I Can Type My Code And Click "f9" To Compile It. I Need Help. Thank You.
Attachments
globalcompilersetting.png
globalcompilersetting.png (62.88 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
You first have to create a new project inside the C::B. You can't just add the include and library path out of the blue.
Did you do that?

Unfortunately I can't help you with creating a new project as I don't use C::B - just MSVC.

Thank you.
eranon
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Post by eranon »

Hello,

Your questions are quite large and unfocused... Very difficult to answer when as many things are mixed. First, you need to ensure your compiler is reachable by your IDE (here CodeBlocks). For this, you can fine tune an existing entry in the compilers list (far easier) or create a new entry. What you have to mainly configure in the concerned compiler entry is the path to the different tools (ie. since "compiler" is meaning "toolchain" here, it's not to be taken in its strict sense): compiler, resource compiler, linker, attached debugger, etc.

While your compiler (ie. toolchain) settings are ready, you'll have to create a global variable in Code::Blocks (see in the settings menu) to indicate the location of wxWidgets (and it will be the same for every major big library or collection of libraries, you'll create a Code::Blocks's global variable keeping them in a single place -- I mean, unless it's a very specfic build, you don't copy it in every project's tree)... Thus, in your future projects you'll never use any hardcoded paths in your build options (you'll rely on this global variable).

When this second step is done, you can use the CodeBlociks wizard to generate the skeleton of your first project (see menu "File > New > Project").

And if you need more details about each step, the best is really (since your questions are not about wxWidgets nor C++, but about Code::Blocks) to ask in the CodeBlocks forum, over there: http://forums.codeblocks.org

NB: No time for proofreading, sorry for eventual typo/syntax (I'll read my post later)...
[Ind. dev. - wxWidgets 3.0/3.1 under "Win 7 64-bit, TDM64-GCC" + "OS X 10.9, LLVM Clang"]