Missing "aygshell.h" = Projects-never up-to-date Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
cpp
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Missing "aygshell.h" = Projects-never up-to-date

Post by cpp »

Hi!, when building ANY wxWidgets project (Even the sample ones), in Visual Studio.Net 2003, the build log contains this entry:
warning PRJ0041 : Cannot find missing dependency 'aygshell.h' for file 'minimal.rc'. Your project may still build, but may continue to appear out of date until this file is found.
And it does indeed appears out of date allways, i can do a build (F7), and then press F5 (run) right away, and VS will warn me its "out of date".
I did a system wide search for the file aygshell.h, and its nowhere to be found.
What Im i doing something wrong?
Avi
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by Avi »

I was wondering about the exact same issue yesterday. I'll be glad if somebody could point out the reason for this... The file seems to be needed because of wx/msw/wx.rc...
ABX
Can't get richer than this
Can't get richer than this

Post by ABX »

Avi wrote:I was wondering about the exact same issue yesterday. I'll be glad if somebody could point out the reason for this... The file seems to be needed because of wx/msw/wx.rc...
AFAIK this file is not needed unless wxWinCE build is not performed. So if the IDE is looking into code which is disabled from processor point of view than I would suggest to ask the VS authors for suggested solution. eVC is even worse. It outputs hundreds of errors about missing includes from wx/gtk/*.h wx/x11/*.h wx/motif/*.h etc regardless they are not used.

BTW: google for aygshell+wxWidgets or search this forum. I remember this was mentioned already and IIRC there were suggested workarounds.

HTH,

ABX
CVS Head, 2.8.X
wxMSW, wxWinCE, wxPalmOS, wxOS2, wxMGL, bakefile
gcc 3.2.3, bcc 5.51, dmc 8.48, ow 1.6, vc 7.1, evc 3/4, pods 1.2
cpp
I live to help wx-kind
I live to help wx-kind

Post by cpp »

Yep, its a Microshit error (as usual). I found this on goggle
There is a way to fix this which doesn't involve modifying wx sources: simply create an empty aygshell.h in VS7.1\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include directory -- this is enough to make dependencies work again.
It works like a charm :D

maybe we should add this to the IDE-FAQ?