MinGW-TDM 7.2.0

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
Eckard Klotz
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

MinGW-TDM 7.2.0

Post by Eckard Klotz »

Dear Developers.

In your announcement associated with the latest releases you wrote:
As usual, in addition to the sources, you can also download binaries for the selected Windows compilers (any version of Microsoft Visual C++ from 2008 to 2017 or MinGW-TDM 4.9.2, 5.1.0 or 7.2.0).
The latest MinGW I know to download at http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/ is the version 5.1.0 and is from 2015. But you mention the MinGW-TDM version 7.2.0.

Where could I download this newer version of MinGW-TDM ?

Thanks for your support,
Eckard Klotz.
doublemax

Re: MinGW-TDM 7.2.0

Post by doublemax »

This is a user forum, if you want to talk to the core developers try https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/wx-users

But i think talking about MinGW-TDM 7.2.0 is a mistake in the announcement. It should probably say MinGW 7.2.0
Use the source, Luke!
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

I also noticed this. As doublemax said, they meant MinGW-w64. It appears that TDM-GCC is dead and MinGW-w64 is the current best GCC option on MSW (it supports both 32- and 64-bit toolchains).
xaviou
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by xaviou »

Hi

As I am the one who provides the binaries for WinGW, I confirm that it is MinGW-7.2.0 : Regards
Xav'
My wxWidgets stuff web page : X@v's wxStuff
Eckard Klotz
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by Eckard Klotz »

Dear All.

First of all thanks for the clarification. It was very helpful for me.

Second please accept my apologize to ask my question here. But I hope that in this special case it was helpful for the wxWidgets project also since the announcement is changed
As usual, in addition to the sources, you can also download binaries for the selected Windows compilers (any version of Microsoft Visual C++ from 2008 to 2017, MinGW-TDM 4.9.2 or 5.1.0, or MinGW 7.2.0)
In the original Text at http://www.wxwidgets.org links are implemented, exactly what I missed. Thanks for this also.

Kind regards,
Eckard Klotz.
doscott
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by doscott »

It was helpful. I prepared that release notice and as a result of this post corrected it. You didn’t miss the link to MinGW in the original post, it was added with the correction.

PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

Perhaps it could be changed for 3.1.1 release as well, see the end of the first paragraph here.

Although I wonder if MinGW-TDM and MinGW 7.2.0 are the official titles. The toolchains call themselves on their websites TDM-GCC and MinGW-w64.