OSX my app compiles but has unresolved Topic is solved

Do you have a question about makefiles, a compiler or IDE you are using and need to know how to set it up for wxWidgets or why it doesn't compile but other IDE's do ? Post your questions here.
johnth1957
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

OSX my app compiles but has unresolved

Post by johnth1957 »

Hi i am compiling in osx 10.12 wxwidgets 3.1 and my app compiles fine but when it comes to linking getting the errors below. I created the libs monolithic and ran the make install after library was done compiling; new to mac hope this is enough to get me in the right direction.

++ -L/usr/local/lib -o bin/Debug/DDCut obj/Debug/cWebView.o obj/Debug/DDCutApp.o obj/Debug/dlgJobList.o obj/Debug/lib/archive.o obj/Debug/lib/coordinate.o obj/Debug/lib/dd_exception.o obj/Debug/lib/dd_file.o obj/Debug/lib/file.o obj/Debug/lib/gcode_file.o obj/Debug/lib/gcode_line.o obj/Debug/lib/ghost.o obj/Debug/lib/ghost_connection.o obj/Debug/lib/ghost_connection_osx.o obj/Debug/lib/ghost_connection_win.o obj/Debug/lib/ghost_exception.o obj/Debug/lib/job.o obj/Debug/lib/manifest.o obj/Debug/lib/math.o obj/Debug/lib/operation.o obj/Debug/lib/yaml.o obj/Debug/src/DisplayProcess.o obj/Debug/src/dlgCustomerSupport.o obj/Debug/src/dlgFeedAdjust.o obj/Debug/src/dlgFeedrate.o obj/Debug/src/dlgFirmwareUpload.o obj/Debug/src/dlgFirmwareVersion.o obj/Debug/src/dlgProbeError.o obj/Debug/src/dlgStartMilling.o obj/Debug/src/dlgTimeOut.o obj/Debug/src/GGConnectThread.o obj/Debug/src/GGReadWriteCycle.o obj/Debug/src/MainWindow.o obj/Debug/src/MD5.o obj/Debug/src/WizardState.o obj/Debug/src/wxCustomButton.o obj/Debug/src/wxCustomImageButton.o obj/Debug/src/wxImagePanel.o -lwx_osx_cocoau-3.1 -lwxjpeg-3.1 -lwxpng-3.1 -lwxregexu-3.1 -lwxscintilla-3.1 -lwxtiff-3.1 -lpthread -liconv
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"_AVPlayerItemDidPlayToEndTimeNotification", referenced from:
-[wxAVPlayer observeValueForKeyPath:ofObject:change:context:] in libwx_osx_cocoau-3.1.a(monolib_osx_cocoa_mediactrl.o)
"_AcquireIconRef", referenced from:
wxIcon::wxIcon(OpaqueIconRef*, wxSize const&) in libwx_osx_cocoau-3.1.a(monolib_carbon_icon.o)
wxMacCreateBitmapButton(ControlImageContentInfo*, wxBitmap const&, int) in libwx_osx_cocoau-3.1.a(monolib_core_bitmap.o)
wxBitmap::CreateIconRef() const in libwx_osx_cocoau-3.1.a(monolib_core_bitmap.o)
doublemax

Re: OSX my app compiles but has unresolved

Post by doublemax »

The missing symbols are not from wxWidgets, they are part of the Apple frameworks - which i don't see in the linker command line.

As i don't know much about OSX, i can't be more specific, but that's the direction you should keep looking.

Can you build the wxWidgets samples? If yes, check the linker command line when you build them.
Use the source, Luke!
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
What do you use to build the software? And how did you generate the Makefile if you are not building in the IDE?
I'd suggest to try the Xcode as it is native under OSX. Or try installing CodeBlocks/CodeLite (wx-based IDE).

Thank you.
johnth1957
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by johnth1957 »

i am using code blocks, to keep it compatible with windows and a future linux version, i am sure that is what is messing me up
johnth1957
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by johnth1957 »

I got it to link, I added all the frameworks that was in the mediaplayer sample. Is there something that shows what are all the framework options?
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
If you used a wizard to create a CB project - you should talk to the CB devs. They have their own forum where you can go and ask questions.
If not - how exactly did you create a project? Or maybe you broke something during the 3.1 upgrade there?

Thank you.